I feel like I missed out on TGIF

Comments

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    But you HAVE A GF
  • I went to TGIF once for my dad's birthday. I remember very little of it, but there was a funfair in the field next to the restaurant.
  • I was about ten at time...
  • I mean the '90s block of ABC sitcoms

(They brought it back in the early 2000s, but ABC was in the midst of a nadir so nobody remembers that)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I remember it.

You missed nothing.
  • I thought you meant the restaurant actually.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    No that's T.G.I. Friday's. This is TGIF.
  • Jane said:

I thought you meant the restaurant actually.

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It seems like you feel bad about missing out on things that you wouldn't even like a lot, this one being particularly weird given that you have never struck me as a person who really likes mediocre sitcoms.
  • I thought you meant the abstract concept of gratitude for Fridays.

although krrackken's take is also excellent
  • yeah didn't you hear?

they're replacing Friday. It's gone now.
  • Jane said:

yeah didn't you hear?

Then who will Robinson Crusoe befriend?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

It seems like you feel bad about missing out on things that you wouldn't even like a lot, this one being particularly weird given that you have never struck me as a person who really likes mediocre sitcoms.

I don't know. I have a lot of complicated thoughts about TGIF (e.g. how it represents one of the last gasps of ABC's legacy before Disney strapped ABC down and started brutally fucking it, which continues to this day)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This is irrelevant but there used to be a TGI Friday's within walking distance of my family's old apartment

A Max & Erma's too

We couldn't afford to eat there often but it was always a treat when we did
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Jane said:

yeah didn't you hear?

Then who will Robinson Crusoe befriend?
    Lady Sunday.
  • Superior Saturday
  • edited 2015-11-13 22:53:01
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

I don't know. I have a lot of complicated thoughts about TGIF (e.g. how it represents one of the last gasps of ABC's legacy before Disney strapped ABC down and started brutally fucking it, which continues to this day)
    But seriously, why does it matter to you now?
  • edited 2015-11-13 22:59:52
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Because I often view the Capital Cities era of ABC as a time I missed out on, the final act of a great era.
    But none of those shows were actually good.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Boy Meets World was good.
    That's one of something like eight, though. I was thinking more of Full House and Perfect Strangers in particular, but the whole block seems like it was a dreck zone.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I could understand this more easily were you lamenting your lacking another way of connecting with someone, like how I watched Full House a decent bit because it was on while growing up, or something along those lines. That makes sense. But this isn't like that? It feels like a focus on the overly corporate. I miss not watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch or more Boy Meets World while growing up, since I had/ve an interest in those, though that's removed from missing a block of programming.

Still, like. Being around for any or all of that doesn't bring you any closer to the "last grasps of ABC's legacy", it just means you didn't watch some stuff. Reads like grasping at or for a personal relationship that's never there with these things.
    Yeah, that's a big part of it, but you said it better.