TNS's Western Streams

So a while back, Anonus mentioned that they were interested in seeing more of the western genre and since I have some knowledge of that genre, I volunteered to upload some Westerns and do several streams and I figured the more the merrier, so this is a topic to coordinate the streams.

How would Tuesdays work for people? Right now I have every Tuesday, Thursday and either Saturday or Sunday off from work, but Thursday is obscure media stream and I don't want to compete with that and I want to use the weekends for the anime club. If push comes to shove I can alternate between the anime club and this on weekends, but I'd prefer to avoid that if possible. I can pretty much do any time on the days I'm off, but I figure most people have stuff to do during the day, so I'm thinking around 7-8 EST for a start time.

Also, I've uploaded some films myself, but if anyone else has any other Westerns they think would be good or want to suggest, I'm very open to suggestions. Right now the list of Westerns is:
The Dollars Trilogy (A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly)
High Noon
Once Upon a time in the West
The Magnificent Seven
The Wild Bunch
A Fistful of Dynamite

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I am intensely bad with knowing what day it is but I would appreciate this.
  • If you need to I can PM you (and anyone else who needs it) that the stream is happening that day.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Tuesdays sound good, maybe every other Tuesday?
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'm up for doing this on Tuesdays.
  • edited 2015-11-16 02:12:54

I'm glad people are interested in this. Would this Tuesday be a good day for people?
    Anonus said:

Tuesdays sound good, maybe every other Tuesday?

I'm okay with either option, though I would like to hear what other participant would rather do.
  • edited 2015-11-16 02:16:20
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    At least right now, Tuesdays or every other Tuesday are acceptable. Depending on how my schedule turns out next semester I may go back on this, but I'll make my details clear regardless.

This Tuesday should be fine for me, I think...
  • edited 2015-11-16 02:20:20

I'll keep that in mind for planning things in the future.
  • edited 2015-11-16 03:09:52
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Yeah, Tuesdays should be fine for the time being.

It may also be a good idea to do this on Thursdays when Myr isn't doing a stream.
  • Yeah, Tuesdays should be fine for the time being.

It may also be a good idea to do this on Thursdays when Myr isn't doing a stream.

That's a cool idea, though it might be hard to gather everyone, since it would be a last minute thing.

Also, because I forgot to mention, we'll be starting with A Fistful of Dollars, the first movie of The Dollars trilogy.
  • Jut a reminder for everyone, but this is tonight, at 8 PM EST.
    Can you delay until 9 for Edlyn?

She's in class until then.
  • Yeah. I was gonna ask for a delay anyway, since my family wants to go out for dinner at 7.
    Alright.

Hope that goes well!
  • Stream starts in an hour and 10 minutes.
  • Thanks for coming out everyone. Next week, we'll be watching the second film in the Dollars trilogy, For A Few Dollars More.
  • oh sweet that has Klaus Kinski
  • and Angel Eyes, who was defs my fave character in the good the bad and the ugly
    I'll likely be busy this Tuesday.

I'd be open for doing this on Thursday instead if everyone else can do that and Myr isn't planning anything then.
  • I can work with that. If Myr doesn't do a stream, I can move this to Thursday. Otherwise it'll just be an off-week.
    Noted, thanks.
  • edited 2015-11-20 19:52:46
    Myr doesn't have anything planned because it's Thanksgiving on Thursday.

We can do the next film that day if no one has anything planned then.

If people do, then I'm okay with having an off-week.
    I'm just curious if we're going to do this on Thursday or not.
  • I'm all for it. I just don't know if people will be able to finish their family obligations by the time the stream starts. My family eats early, so It's no problem for me.

Just a quick question. Would people beable to/want to do a stream on Thanksgiving?
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Unlikely to work out on my end as far as I can tell. And even if I were to return from socializing and eating on time, or without interruptions, I'd likely still be wiped.
    Alright then.

We'll just do this next Tuesday, then.
  • Okay, quick question. I noticed some people say they had kind of a hard time following the plot of A Fistful of Dollars, so would it help if I added the subtitles into the movie for people to read while they watch?
    I always like subtitles, so it's a yes from me.
    I wouldn't be against subtitles, but I'm not sure how much they're needed.

From what I've been told, the hard-to-follow nature of A Fistful of Dollars seems to have come from the fact that the samurai story didn't perfectly translate into a western one; and that obviously wouldn't apply to the rest of the films.
  • I wouldn't be against subtitles, but I'm not sure how much they're needed.

From what I've been told, the hard-to-follow nature of A Fistful of Dollars seems to have come from the fact that the samurai story didn't perfectly translate into a western one; and that obviously wouldn't apply to the rest of the films.

Fair point. Since Crystal said she'd like subs, I'll try them for the next film and see how it goes. If people say it gets in the way, I'll drop the subs.
    I don't care for subtitles if I can understand the language. They distract from the visual storytelling aspect.
  • edited 2015-11-30 22:51:25
    I will be going out for dinner tomorrow. I'll almost certainly be back well before 9, so it shouldn't affect the stream, but I felt like I should warn y'all.

I'm also in need of the movie to upload to Vimeo tonight.
  • A reminder that this is tonight.
  • Stream in roughly 40 minutes.
  • Just a reminder, no stream this week so people can focus on finals.
  • A reminder that this is tomorrow. We'll be showing The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Is everyone available around 9 PM EST tomorrow?
    I should be, yes. I'm looking forward to it!
    I believe so.
  • edited 2015-12-15 05:39:36

@Anonus, @Tachyon

Are y'all available tomorrow?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    that would mean you start at 2 am here

i'm trying (failing) to fix my sleep schedule so i really can't justify staying up until the early hours of the morning watching a movie, sorry

thanks for the thought, though
  • I see. Best of luck fixing your sleeping schedule.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Thank you.
    We could maybe try scheduling this earlier depending on how the next semester is for people.
  • edited 2015-12-15 18:50:54
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    really, it's fine

movies are long, starting one any later than like 10 pm here would be unwise of me

if i wind up working a night shift or something like that then i'll start staying up for streams again, but for the time being i need to be waking up and going to bed at normal times so i can look for work
    Fair, fair.

Good luck with that.

I still would be for trying to do these streams a bit earlier on general principle, though.
    Likewise. Regardless, you can do it, Tach!

I also forgot this was today, haha, so I'm glad you bumped it.
    Not sure when this is happening but might not be in depending because I really need a nap. Take care, all.
  • Should be happening at 9pm, if possible