The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Nobody ever talks about it.

They talk about eating turkey and all the other stuff people only eat because It's A Tradition. They talk about watching football. But never the parade. Why not?
Tagged:

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it's boring as hell
  • because nobody ive ever met in my life watches the parade

why would anyone watch a parade on TV, it makes no sense

also thanksgiving food is tasty except for like that gross ass marshmallow sweet potato stuff
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    My mother and I generally dislike traditional Thanksgiving food...

I used to love the parade as a youngun, now I never get up in time for it >_>
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The dog show is superior to the parade
  • My family watches the parade.

I don't care for it really but it's better than going to a parade in person. Parades are terrible.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    I used to watch the parade on TV, and these days my family tends to turn the TV on to that channel even if no one actually watches it.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    I used to watch it, but my family skipped the musical acts pretty much all the time. The Rickroll thing from one year was kinda funny at the time, I guess, but I stopped caring about it.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I used to watch it when I was a kid but then I just kinda stopped caring

It doesn't help that on school breaks I usually stay up late enough that I'm still asleep through most of the parade the next morning
  • Zeether said:

I used to watch it, but my family skipped the musical acts pretty much all the time. The Rickroll thing from one year was kinda funny at the time, I guess, but I stopped caring about it.

it was in 2008, one of Cartoon Network's few glimmers of vitality

of course that was when it stopped being cool because the normies knew about it :n
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Did Nickelodeon ever have any rep in the parade besides Spongebob? I think Rugrats may have had a balloon once...
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I like when they have marching bands in it.