Was your VCR on channel 4 or channel 3? đŸ“ș

Ours were always channel 3, because channel 4 was being used by WCMH in Columbus.

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    4, which (more importantly) was also what our game consoles used
  • I forgot that VCRs did this
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes
 but, aren't you
?”
    4, I think?
  • edited 2015-11-05 02:53:03
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Neither, because both of those are TV stations here. :P

(ITV, and the imaginatively named Channel 4)
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Neither, because both of those are TV stations here. :P

(ITV, and the imaginatively named Channel 4)

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    we didn't used to be able to get Five, back before the switchover, so ours was on channel 5
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    How did it work on PAL VCRs? On NTSC VCRs there was a little "CH 3 <--> CH 4" switch on the back...
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    They generally used Channel 5. And then Channel 5 came out in 1997 and messed everything up.
  • ⚠ THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Even when we were closer to Richmond, our VCRs were on channel 3 because of WRC-TV.
  • When we had VCRs, CH 3.

We switched over to DVD around the same time that we moved to Raleigh; it might have been because we had cable, but CBS was always channel 3 and PBS was on 4.
    I thought WRAL was on 5?
  • edited 2015-11-05 06:30:00
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    3 because it was the default.  And WRAL's signage used 5 but the channel itself was on 3.  WTVD was on channel 13 despite being 11.

both of these on cable, that is
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    the one i remember best though is WB, which was 22 but on 6, because it had Pokémon.  so weird going over to someone's house and WB 22 was actually on 22
  • the default 3 I think.

We had Service Electric, which is not relevant, but did receive a sly nod in Steven Universe once.
    Service Electric sounds highly British and thus like something Chriddof would have touched on at some point
  • Service Electric (sometimes stylized SERVICE ELECTRIC in gaudy blue or violet block letters though not anymore) was a Lehigh Valley cable company. 

Very affordable rates. Unfortunately since we're in Carbon now we live just outside of their coverage area. I'm not sure what their service is like these days.

Here, have this, the most Lehigh Valley thing in existence

witness the Christmas Tree on the Pennsylvania Power Lighting building.
  •  When Steven asked Sapphire what channel he wanted to watch to, Sapphire responded with "43, but there's not much on". Channel 43 is a channel listing for the standard definition version of Cartoon Network in Pennsylvania.

Service Electric (sometimes stylized SERVICE ELECTRIC in gaudy blue or violet block letters though not anymore) was a Lehigh Valley cable company. 

Very affordable rates. Unfortunately since we're in Carbon now we live just outside of their coverage area. I'm not sure what their service is like these days.

are you sure they didn't dub a jingle from 1988 onto video from 2008
  • Thanks to WFOR, it was Channel 3.

Aww, this was charming.
    were you around for when WTVJ was on channel 4?
  • Anonus said:

were you around for when WTVJ was on channel 4?

Incidentally, yes.
  • Incidentally...

Was your VCR on channel 4 or channel 3? 📺

That TV doesn't work with our VCR.  It doesn't have RF connectors.
  • edited 2015-11-05 11:20:07
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Incidentally...

On Windows, I guess, the TV emoji shows a modern HDTV

On pretty much every other operating system, it shows a CRT with a "rabbit ears" antenna
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Channel 3 for me
  • ⚠ THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Anonus said:

Service Electric (sometimes stylized SERVICE ELECTRIC in gaudy blue or violet block letters though not anymore) was a Lehigh Valley cable company. 

are you sure they didn't dub a jingle from 1988 onto video from 2008
    Yeah, I was about to say, Allentown in 2008 sure looks like a promo for WXEX-TV from 1988.
  • Incidentally...

On Windows, I guess, the TV emoji shows a modern HDTV

On pretty much every other operating system, it shows a CRT with a "rabbit ears" antenna
    here on android it's a crate

by that i mean a box with an x
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You must be using an ancient version of Android then because for me it looks like this:

and I'm pretty sure Android's had proper emoji support since at least 4.4
  • edited 2015-11-05 17:00:47

You must be using an ancient version of Android then because for me it looks like this:

and I'm pretty sure Android's had proper emoji support since at least 4.4
    I'm using Lollipop.

I'm also using Dolphin browser.
  • Who made your phone?
  • Tre said:

Who made your phone?

LG.
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-11-05 17:40:20
    That's probably why you can't see it, then. LG has their own emoji font that they use as the system rendering engine for them, and the individual manufacturers' emoji sets usually don't update as quickly as Apple's (and Google's).
  • Tre said:

That's probably why you can't see it, then. LG has their own emoji font that they use as the system rendering engine for them, and the individual manufacturers' emoji sets usually don't update as quickly as Apple's (and Google's).

I am satisfied with this arrangement.
  • kill living beings
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Three.
    One of the first things I did when I rooted this phone was to swap out the hideous Samsung emoji for the plain Google ones.

Never looked back.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i rarely use my phone and mostly use my nexus tablet, so i only occasionally see the hideous samsung emoji