somewhere in my memory

You can hear it playing in your head now, can't you?

I wonder if Anonus has seen this movie all the way through. If not, we might have to watch it when I visit him next month...watching it was always a holiday tradition for me, usually sometime between Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas.

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    He hasn't.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I've never seen Home Alone. Checkmate.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

I've never seen Home Alone. Checkmate.

• everything i know about this movie i learned from cracked articles
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Wow...I dunno whether I should chalk this up to my being a couple years older than most of you or what.

Home Alone and its sequel (I only acknowledge the existence of one sequel, dammit!) were everywhere when I was a kid and so watching it at Christmastime just became a "tradition", by which I mean a habit that I repeat ritually because that's what I do.
  • edited 2015-11-03 02:51:49
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I really enjoyed this series, and would not mind watching it again with a certain someone.

Yes, central, I enjoyed up to Home Alone 3, I am fairly certain.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    3 was ok, but I wasn't that into it because it came out when I was a bit older and some of the novelty had worn off...plus it didn't have any of the same characters from the first two

I haven't seen 4 or 5 all the way through, but from what I have seen, I don't think I want to
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I haven't seen this movie in decades, but it was okay. I remember being surprised that it was such a huge box office hit.

The Genesis game based on it sucked ass though
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i've only seen 3 all the way through
    The first movie is pretty memorable, even though it's the kind of comedy that relies on a series of highly implausible coincidences to establish its plot. 

It also features two criminals hunting down a child and threatening to murder him, so it's not the kind of movie that would be made today. Besides, mobile phones would basically knock over the house of cards that is said implausible plot anyways.

The second movie is the kind of sequel that basically amounts to "they liked what we did the first time, so let's do that again." It's pretty much the exact same story, just set in New York instead of the Chicago suburbs.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    would that premise be off-limits today?  in execution it seems pretty far removed from reality

now heathers, there's a movie that wouldn't be made today
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

The Genesis game based on it sucked ass though

so many movie-based games suck ass
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

The first movie is pretty memorable, even though it's the kind of comedy that relies on a series of highly implausible coincidences to establish its plot. 

It also features two criminals hunting down a child and threatening to murder him, so it's not the kind of movie that would be made today. Besides, mobile phones would basically knock over the house of cards that is said implausible plot anyways.

The second movie is the kind of sequel that basically amounts to "they liked what we did the first time, so let's do that again." It's pretty much the exact same story, just set in New York instead of the Chicago suburbs.
    Pretty much all of that.

Also the bits with the older lady and the opera in the second one were sweet, although I can see some people finding them cloying or tonally dissonant.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    My biggest memory of Home Alone is how it managed to stay in the theaters, week after week, well into the spring of 1991.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    You're Next could totally worked as a Home Alone sequel if you switched Erin out for Kevin McCallister.