I am now convinced

aliroz was right, something awful is warping your minds

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I've never been there, personally
  • and you are totally a cool cow
    thanks
  • I mostly go on there to read about politics, that would probably be warping my brain wherever I did it.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i never really liked SA, so i don't go there
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    naney said:

You're not wrong.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    So confused.
  • naney said:

You're not wrong.
    I see what you did there.

...If you did what I saw there.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Good, someone did notice.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Vindicatliroz
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

I've always thought this. Join the club.
  • I've never been there, personally

'cept once back in like 2010
    No, I'm legitimately confused. What is this?
  • kill living beings
    I have like two posts and haven't read it in months. I am, tragically, naturally like this
    Wait, I'm slow.
  • Crystal said:

Aliroz said that nothing good could come of having a something awful account, and we laughed

it was just an internet forum, what could the harm be

but now look at us
    the poison has spread
  • edited 2015-11-03 01:44:01
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    naney said:

Crystal said:

Aliroz said that nothing good could come of having a something awful account, and we laughed

it was just an internet forum, what could the harm be

but now look at us

Okay now I'm confused again.

Er, actually...
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    How did I not know this would happen? It was right there on page 340 of the Goon Playbook! I WAS LOOKING RIGHT AT IT
  • this isnt a joke thread
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    what specifically are you referring to

cuz i'll be honest i'm kind of lost here
  • edited 2015-11-03 01:54:17
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

this isnt a joke thread

I never thought that it was.

I seriously 100% agree with you here.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    naney said:

this isnt a joke thread

sorry >_>
    Don't even.

after we left TVT, a bunch of people here got SA accounts

and like, now odradek spends a lot of time being mad at people on SA for like basement rapist guy and having bad opinions and shit, and centie goes on weird rants where she sounds like a fascist

a coincidence? i think not.
    If I hadn't met dear, I might've ended up like that myself.

Instead, I just go on overly-emotional tirades that creep people out. :D
    ...I sound like a fascist? 😕
  • section, you severely overestimate how much you upset/annoy people

well, you are the "BOW DOWN TO THE MAGICAL PRINCESS" person

Your latest rant in IRC kinda sounded like one, yes.

naney said:

section, you severely overestimate how much you upset/annoy people

Good to know. I'll have to keep this in mind. >_>
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    naney said:

section, you severely overestimate how much you upset/annoy people

This is very true.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Awright, ya caught me. I'm planning a global revolution in which all the undesirables will be purged, cleansing the Earth in preparation for a new world order.

Your latest rant in IRC kinda sounded like one, yes.
    Ok yeah that got pretty out of hand

I let my anger completely take over and the part of my brain that actually thinks about what I'm saying just shut down completely 😫

AU managed to pull me out of it, thankfully

A reminder of why he means so much to me beyond just rambling about logos and typography
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Sorry.
  • ...I sound like a fascist? 😕

People can run their places how they want.

Other people just seem to accept this, which is weird to me.

Why aren't people like "the government should mandate that all businesses are run in the way I approve, no compromises"?

I don't know, saying "our ruler should be someone I always agree with" basically amounts to saying "I should be our absolute ruler so I can approve of the way things are done"

But few people actually ever say that, which is weird because I figured it'd be more common

I mean, nobody actually agrees with everything about the way our society is run, so why don't they say "ugh, I could do better"?

naney said:

and like, now odradek spends a lot of time being mad at people on SA for like basement rapist guy and having bad opinions and shit, and centie goes on weird rants where she sounds like a fascist

Well, yes, considering I know multiple people who had SA accounts before the split, or even joining. It was hardly like some homogenized transition.
  • Crystal said:

naney said:

Well, yes, considering I know multiple people who had SA accounts before the split, or even joining. It was hardly like some homogenized transition.
    i know.

i guess to be less hyperbolic it seems like some of the more toxic parts of SA culture have kinda seeped into this site over time
  • naney said:

this isnt a joke thread

oh.

Well, then my serious answer would be to point out that SA is actually a huge forum, most parts of which are actually rather tightly moderated, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to get all Fast Eddie about it. (Also against your hypothesis, to my knowledge none of the people who were bad enough we actually had to ban them had SA accounts.)
    naney said:

Crystal said:

naney said:

i know.

i guess to be less hyperbolic it seems like some of the more toxic parts of SA culture have kinda seeped into this site over time
    To be fair, some of the more problematic (I don't like using this term, but can't think of anything better) aspects of this site were also influenced by Tumblr.
  • edited 2015-11-03 02:06:58
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^^^ Dear, look at the above post.

^^^^ It really depends.

^^^ & ^ That.
  • naney said:

Crystal said:

naney said:

i know.

Very annoying.
    naney said:

Crystal said:

naney said:

i know.

The hyperbole is really tiresome when trying to approach this stuff even half-heartedly, at least after many long days.

That much said I still disagree, given the parallels I've seen on here that sprouted from TVT (e.g. mock threads, which the Tumblr thread effectively has been at various points, or various other examples I'm forgetting).

@Vash: Yes, that's what I'm saying. I'm thinking e.g. Calica compared to Central, or Central to me. Perhaps not not a coincidence, but a fair amount which could be chalked up to TVT or both of them.
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)

naney said:

this isnt a joke thread

I never thought that it was.

I seriously 100% agree with you here.