Everything wrong with western civilization in a paragraph

"I enjoy playing WOW, I enjoy playing Lord of the Rings Online. But you know... I'm going to be a bit cheeky now, but if you've been to McDonalds for four or five years, and had your burger and your Coke, sometimes it's great to just have a great steak and a glass of good wine. I think that's what we're trying to do. It's more expensive, it's not for everyone and perhaps it's not as easily accessible as WOW is. But it could be more meaty."

Comments

• video games are bad. a good paragraph.
  • kill living beings
    i feel like hamburgers have been done a disservice by fast food places

it is in fact possible to make a good hamburger
  • the only good food is soylent
  • nothing tastes as good as skinny feels
  • this is now the official heap thinspo thread
  • kill living beings
    you can get thinner more efficiently through autocannibalism
  • that's the spirit!
  • My dreams exceed my real life

i feel like hamburgers have been done a disservice by fast food places

it is in fact possible to make a good hamburger

True.

But Western culture is built on the founding lie that steak is good eating.
  • why do you like making people feel bad
  • kill living beings
    i only eat entrails
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    did a steak murder your family
    is this the problem we are facing here
    i don;t
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    *Subjectivity Fairy waves wand over thread*
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    A good hamburger is 29,000 times better than steak

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

cannibal
    a good cannibalism is 29,000 times better than non-cannibalism
  • a good cannibalism is 29,000 times better than non-cannibalism

You're not wrong.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

a good cannibalism is 29,000 times better than non-cannibalism

You're not wrong.
    Isn't it a school night for you?
    right, see, the demon gets it
  • a good cannibalism is 29,000 times better than non-cannibalism

You're not wrong.
    Isn't it a school night for you?
    Sleep is for mortals. Nighttime is the time when you can sneak around town and steal stuff.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    steak is okay when made properly, but the seasonings tend to be "uncomplicated" and I like my food spicier than that.

hamburgers are almost always a good idea, though.
  • but why play WoW or LOTRO when Destiny is just as addictive but cheaper in the long run?

you still sorta have to pay to keep playing with the DLC situation and everything, but it's better than a subscription
  • cuz they're very different games.

also idk I've never considered "addictive" a quality judgment, it's just a characteristic a game can have. Like "colorful".
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    lee4hmz said:

steak is okay when made properly, but the seasonings tend to be "uncomplicated" and I like my food spicier than that.

hamburgers are almost always a good idea, though.

Steak au poivre, my man.
    I like steak when my grandparents pay for us to go to a Japanese steakhouse and they cook it on the flattop right in front of you and the chef knows all sorts of neat knife tricks

And even then it's more the entertainment value than the food that appeals to me
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I love hibachi grills!

I actually really like Japanese cuisine in general. Have since I was really little. The basic ingredients and preparation just really click with me. Haven't had rice gruel, though.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I have progressively liked steak less and less, to the point of pretty much hating it. Steak au poivre, hibachi grills, beef especially, chicken fried is the most tolerable to the point of liking it (hah), hamburger is the devil's food, Salisbury is only slightly better, fish is below chicken, pork is weird.

If regulations, processing, killing, etc. were better I'd like steaks more; but even then meat-based products still give me strongly mixed feelings at best.