A grounded rumor I heard

Marvel pays its film employees, while DC throws them all into a pit of lava after they're done shooting scenes for their movies.

How dare they.

Furthermore, Marvel, might, at some point, make a  movie featuring a gay or minority character, if we're good and circumstances permit, it's gonna happen, let me tell you, the great pumpkin is going to come to this pumpkin patch if we're good and don't cheat on him with the easter bunny

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i kind of hope superhero movies go out of fashion within the next 2 years
    no i don't, i shouldn't be bitter about people enjoying things i don't

i can understand disney marvel films being grating if you enjoyed the creativity and sincerity of the source material though
  • OpAPHID said:

absolutely you should! it's like 90% of my existence, I just never talk about it because it makes people think you're an awful person.
  • Torgo said:

Marvel pays its film employees, while DC throws them all into a pit of lava after they're done shooting scenes for their movies.

How dare they.

Furthermore, Marvel, might, at some point, make a  movie featuring a gay or minority character, if we're good and circumstances permit, it's gonna happen, let me tell you, the great pumpkin is going to come to this pumpkin patch if we're good and don't cheat on him with the easter bunny
    But the Easter Bunny is so hot!
    OpAPHID said:

I kind of do too, but then all my superhero shit might end up looking like crap.

OpAPHID said:

absolutely you should! it's like 90% of my existence, I just never talk about it because it makes people think you're an awful person.
    Well i don't think that makes either of us an awful person!

But i would rather not, since when someone else resents people liking things that i like, that makes me feel dreadful.  Like i'm hurting them by my very existence.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I honestly don't understand how people didn't turn on Marvel harder when it came out that Spider-Man was not allowed to be non-white and they refused to make a queer character in a timeframe of less than ten years.
    When 'canon' is considered, certain details get given an disproportionate amount of emphasis while others are regarded as insignificant.  Whiteness and heterosexuality are among the details that are often treated as fixed, because straight white audiences throw a tantrum if you change them.  Plot, tone and even themes are able to be altered with less outcry.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    That wasn't actually Marvel, it was Sonys list of conditions for Kevin Feige
    i didn't know that, and feel bad for jumping to the conclusion that Marvel specified that.

Still, they should have rejected that condition.
  • OpAPHID said:

TBH I do too, but probably for the opposite reason.  I think we got an unusually good crop and I'd rather not milk it to zombiehood (like already happened to Spiderman).
    i know for a lot of people on the internet, superhero comics were a big part of their childhoods

but i was never really into superheroes, and i'm just kind of sick of hearing about them at this point
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

That wasn't actually Marvel, it was Sonys list of conditions for Kevin Feige

Sony Pictures is Hollywood's dumbest studio, and people should know that