It just doesn't feel like Halloween this year

You'll notice I haven't even changed this account's username yet!

But yeah.
Tagged:

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What should Halloween feel like, to you?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    fun, with the sense that candy is coming

but Halloween in that form is shriveling up here anyway

barely any trick or treaters came last year, continuing a downward trend of the last few years
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aww, that's sad.

I would eat candy with you, if I could!
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I assume that's just because your area now has fewer young couples with kids, and what families are there have grown up. It's not that Hallowe'en is in decline; there are just fewer young kids. Which is lame if you like trick-or-treating, but yeah.
    It's not in decline overall, but I just don't feel like it.

There are fewer kids around here these days.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    It's a tad too warm and the leaves haven't really turned much yet.
  • lee4hmz said:

It's a tad too warm and the leaves haven't really turned much yet.

Too warm? Really?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    It doesn't seem like Halloween unless it's a bit chilly. It's only now starting to get like that here.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I for one do not associate Halloween with fun and candy, I think of it as an excuse to be even more GRIMDARK than usual.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    *grim and frostbitten riffcraft*
    indeed.
  • Halloween 2011 in Connecticut
    Halloween is my excuse to be more of a silly billy than usual

Is that possible
    I remember being disappointed when they changed the daylight savings time to the first weekend of November, because it meant it was no longer dark for trick-or-treating. :<
    the less darkness, the better
    I like darkness.

Another difference between us.

...Heh, remember when we used to note our similarities instead of our differences?
    yes
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    lee4hmz said:

It doesn't seem like Halloween unless it's a bit chilly. It's only now starting to get like that here.

• I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    The roommates and I did some Halloween decorating today. 

imageimage

(roommate, not me, is pictured here)
    spooooooooooky
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Halloween tree!
  • I've been knitting a Ravenclaw scarf (using book colours, not film colours), and it's turning into a perfect Halloween scarf. It won't be finished by Halloween, but it still looks cool.