Why don't fast food/fast casual places have their own equivalents of Boomerang?

They should. I want my Green Slime Apple Dipping Sauce and Shake 'Em Up Fries back, Burger King.
Tagged:

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    would this work, economically?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    If they believe enough
    i was seriously asking, though

like, maybe it could actually be a thing
    I'm not sure if it would be more profitable than bringing back well-liked old items for a limited time, but it's worth a shot
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    If McDonald's can do it year after year with the McRib, I don't see why others couldn't.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Ice cream and soda companies do this, I am pretty sure.
    lee4hmz said:

If McDonald's can do it year after year with the McRib, I don't see why others couldn't.

well McRewind or whatever would be having McRibs year-round
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i remember someone suggesting that mcdonalds should make a world mcdonalds that has mcdonalds stuff from all over the planet
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Would it also have a deliberately retro-sounding JAM jingle?

Bringing the food to you...McREWIND!
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    mcrewind..........i'd hit it

Would it also have a deliberately retro-sounding JAM jingle?

Bringing the food to you...McREWIND!
    depends on the era we're going for :n
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also, was this thread inspired by the Cafe '80s in Hill Valley?
    No

It was inspired by TV Tropes's various somewhat dismissive references to the old Hanna-Barbera shows having "ended up" on CN (as opposed to, you know, the channel being created to show them) and the likelihood that no one would remember Space Ghost if not for C2C. "Ending up" on the early CN made me think of how no one goes to Denny's, they "end up" there, and how Denny's doesn't seem to have its own equivalent of Boomerang.
    "End up" can be a basically neutral way of saying "this was the last place it was"
    yeah, and these dismissive references only seemed to be used in connection with the original Space Ghost and Birdman series, it seems

though I watched some of the former and time hasn't been kind to it at all - it's overloaded with overdone melodrama
    that explains that, i guess.