Z: "zee" or "zed"?

Or, essentially, "are you American or are you from any other part of the English-speaking world, including, oddly enough, Canada?"

I'm American. It's a zee.
Tagged:

Comments

• Also American, so it's "zee" for me too.

"Zed" makes me think more about Anton Zaslavski or Pulp Fiction than anything else.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    zed

'zee' makes me think of Sesame Street, because that is where i first heard it.
  • "zed"

As in "don't say the zed word"
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

As in "don't say the zed word"

:D
  • kill living beings
    zord
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    'Zee', but my sojourns to India have made me familiar with 'zed'
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Ghoti.

(Zed. Zee is what you call a zombified bee.)
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Zee.

Although "don't use the zed-word" is intrinsically funnier, and izzard is just amazing if rather rare.
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    Zed, fuchres.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's amusing to me when Americans are the odd ones out

Like how we count floors in a building from one instead of zero
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I remember the first time I played Scratches and I was really confused about the floor plan of the house because they were referring to the second and third floors as the first and second, respectively

I was like 17 and not yet aware of the international convention for naming floors
  • kill living beings
    living in a hilly area has totally destroyed my sense of floor numbering

enter the building at floor one, descend to floor G, then floor B, exit, re enter, descend to the basement
    Ohio is as flat as a cookie sheet, so I don't have that problem

(The other Jane)
    rayman said:

enter the building at floor one, descend to floor G, then floor B, exit, re enter, descend to the basement

Same here.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Zee, unless we're talking about the ZX Spectrum or ZF Friedrichshafen, in which case it's zed.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    rayman said:

zord.. .

fixed

(The other Jane)
    DEEZ NUTS
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    rayman said:

zord

Nice jorb, Homestar
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    zee, which makes it seem weird to me that this song's title should really be pronounced "y-y-zed"

That'll be because Rush is Canadian, I guess
    they are?!?!?!??!!!!
  • Next thing you know, they'll be saying that Metric are from there too.

Crazy stuff.
    zed's dead
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    rayman said:

personally i don't believe in areas that aren't hilly
  • edited 2015-10-24 06:06:21
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    campus buildings always have exits on 2+ different floors, right?
    I love buildings on hills where you can exit on different floors

this isn't really relevant but I'm just saying
    Calica said:

rayman said:

personally i don't believe in areas that aren't hilly
    Your fiancee is from Ohio. Ask her about the hills where she grew up and watch as she laughs for 5 minutes straight. :P
  • Calica said:

I don't like it when campus buildings only have one normal entrance/exit.

They should have at least two or three, facing different directions or different buildings.

Calica said:

I don't like it when campus buildings only have one normal entrance/exit.

They should have at least two or three, facing different directions or different buildings.
    One building I have classes in right now normally has 3 different entrances but because of the construction around the outside of the building there's only one entrance that's actually available to use...and it's the least convenient one, being the farthest away from the stairs or elevator.

raocow pronounces it "zed" in this video, thereby proving the existence of Canada.

it's also a tragic video
  • edited 2015-10-25 08:05:36

"zot"

that's the onomatopoeia for a laser gun zap hitting a wall in the early Commander Keen games

also a tower in final fantasy iv

• "zot"

that's the onomatopoeia for a laser gun zap hitting a wall in the early Commander Keen games

also a tower in final fantasy iv
    it's also the orb from DungeonCrawl

"zot" is probably a lot of things, and it's also how I'm going to pronounce Z from now on.
  • It's also the sound made by the wizard in the Wizard of Id.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    "Zhen."
    zuul
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

zuul

"There is no Dana. Only Zuul."