I barely watch television anymore

Sometimes I feel bad about this, like I'm missing out on what normal people are interested in.

Comments

• edited 2015-10-23 11:07:35
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    Don't worry about it.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Don't worry about it.

• Anonus, listen, you don't need to understand what other people are interested in or why they are interested in them. Just focus on what you are interested in and you will feel so much better.
  • Man I haven't even had a TV hooked up to channels since I went to college.
  • edited 2015-10-23 21:02:58
    My TV exists for
    1. absolutely urgent breaking news/weather reports
    2. a sometimes dose of the PBS News Hour
    3. an occasional dose of law & order
    4. an even more occasional dose of gaming

My housemate uses it slightly more often now since he watches The Flash and Agents of SHIELD.
  • My TV exists for:

* Whatever BBC series I am currently addicted to
    * Watching DVDs
    * Binge watching TV shows
    * Playing on my PS3
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I don't have a TV
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-10-24 01:43:31
    My rents cut my TV line at home a while ago; I got cable again at college, but I still barely watch traditional TV because most of my media is consumed via the Internet.

There are a few shows I keep occasional tabs on though. Heroes Reborn, Flash, Steven Universe, Regular Show, Adventure Time. You know, Tre kind of stuff.
  • I have a flat screen 22" digital TV at my Halls. It's my baby <3
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I just feel weird about not watching much TV anymore because I feel generally un-attuned to what pop culture is these days.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Why is pop culture important at all?
  • Honestly, you're not missing much

Why is pop culture important at all?

Because I worry my own tastes are super-out of sync with most people my age, or in general

Honestly, you're not missing much

Maybe I'm not, but there's gotta be something So Good about it.
    Avengers: Age of Ultron and Jurassic World teamed up to kill my interest in Hollywood blockbuster cinema...
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's not good at all. Pop culture sucks.

Don't be in sync with the world. Be in sync with yourself.
  • If I was in sync with people my age, I'd be getting drunk every night and probably pregnant. But I'm not, and for a very good reason.
    There's nothing morally wrong about getting drunk every night and being pregnant, no offense intended to anyone.

But it is a foolish thing to do.

And we should all be thankful that we are not bigger fools than we are now.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    if you're pregnant, getting drunk every night is an irresponsible decision, to put it mildly.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Anonus said:

Because I worry my own tastes are super-out of sync with most people my age, or in general

What's wrong with being out of sync?
    Anonus said:

Maybe I'm not, but there's gotta be something So Good about it.

By that logic, there must also be something So Good about the idea of Donald Trump as the President.
  • When I was a kid, the PBS News Hour was boring during its discussion segments.

Now the discussion segments are equally interesting.
  • edited 2015-10-25 01:42:07
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    When I was little, if I was watching the national news, it was usually (early 1980s) Tom Brokaw or (more likely after 1987, since WXEX came in better) Peter Jennings. I was aware of the News Hour, but also thought it was dull.