Consuming 10,000 calories in a day

edited 2015-10-16 08:48:44 in General
I have at times contemplated eating 10,000 calories worth of food on Super Bowl Sunday as a tribute to American hedonism.

But do you think I could even make it halfway there without feeling like absolute shit? And would it make for a good/amusing premise for something, to just gorge oneself on this day?

Comments

• I think

that that would do some kind of long-term damage to your body.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Yeah probably
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    A soldier in combat only requires about 4500, if I am not mistaken. You would be ready for Double War.
  • kill living beings
    Anonus said:

And would it make for a good/amusing premise for something, to just gorge oneself on this day?

doing it to the point of quantification isn't really funny
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I remember reading something somewhere that Michael Phelps did this on a regular basis when he was competing. Swimming takes a lot of energy.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    That said, it can't be good for your liver...
  • 0vvvv0 said:

A soldier in combat only requires about 4500, if I am not mistaken. You would be ready for Double War.

And if you do it in secret, you'll be ready for the double secret war
  • 20k, every day or you're gay, as the well known schoolyard nutrition chant goes
  • I uh

can't say I have heard that one before.

Here I thought I was familiar with all forms of casual homophobia.
  • edited 2015-10-16 15:35:21
    (It was a joke, 20000 calories every day is an absurd amount, and children would have too little concept of caloric needs to joke about them. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.)
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I could see this being amusing simply as a joking, "Haha, I'll do this because 'MURCA," sort of thing, but I wouldn't find it amusing if someone actually did it. That's too unhealthy. 
  • edited 2015-10-16 16:31:00
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    0vvvv0 said:

Michael Phelps ate 12,000 calories a day back when he was in active competition, but well, he was in training for the Olympics, so he needed to eat a lot of food so he had energy to burn for his training regiment.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anansi said:

I could see this being amusing simply as a joking, "Haha, I'll do this because 'MURCA," sort of thing, but I wouldn't find it amusing if someone actually did it. That's too unhealthy. 

This, basically.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Which, incidentally is more or less what I've been saying all along but you kept on talking about this, having apparently never picked up on the fact that it was making me uncomfortable. :|
    why didn't you just say that?

I was leaning towards this being a bad idea anyway but the idea was still in my mind!
    I always doubted my ability to do it, much less get halfway there.
    Anonus said:

I dunno, usually you're pretty good at reading my emotions so it's just gotten to the point where I no longer really think about explicitly saying them. >_>

...is this like the curse of Being A Couple For Several Years or something?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    You would die. Yes.

Anonus said:

I dunno, usually you're pretty good at reading my emotions so it's just gotten to the point where I no longer really think about explicitly saying them. >_>

maybe

anyway I didn't think doing this was really feasible, but the idea seemed so over-the-top it stuck with me
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

0vvvv0 said:

Michael Phelps ate 12,000 calories a day back when he was in active competition, but well, he was in training for the Olympics, so he needed to eat a lot of food so he had energy to burn for his training regiment.

Being in motion constantly is pretty unusual, and professional swimming is indeed serious cardio.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Anonus said:

yeah it's the curse

also you'd probably start puking well before you reached 10k probably i think?
  • Most days I'm lucky if I reach 2000 calories... >_>
  • just eat 20 packages of plumpy'nut