Should I play Undertale?

I'm not sure whether or not I ought to spend money on a game that could well be yesterday's news six months from now.

I'm not knocking it quality-wise though.

Comments

• Yes.

Legitimately one of the best games I've ever played.

I don't know what you'd think of it really but I'd be interested to find out.
  • I recommend it, although I don't know what kinds of games you like. If you like RPGs, it's a really good RPG. If you don't, the battle system is varied enough to address the complaint of repetitive gameplay, if that's your problem with them. Either way, it is very cute, and good.

Even if it is "yesterday's news six months from now", it's still a worthwhile experience, just based on the music and dialogue. And dog petting to the extreme.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I mean it does seem more to my liking than a lot of the other things that were all the rage for times...
  • ~ said:

I recommend it, although I don't know what kinds of games you like. If you like RPGs, it's a really good RPG. If you don't, the battle system is varied enough to address the complaint of repetitive gameplay, if that's your problem with them. Either way, it is very cute, and good.

Even if it is "yesterday's news six months from now", it's still a worthwhile experience, just based on the music and dialogue. And dog petting to the extreme.
    lesser dog is learning to read
  • edited 2015-10-17 06:12:06
    I have only played the demo, but it appears by all accounts to be an interesting and thought-provoking game.

I might pick it up at some point when it's at -75% discount.

I would just be wary of it becoming too memetically big and thus wearing out its welcome.
    The people it's big with recognize funny, creative, engaging things when they see them.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Anonus said:

yesterday's news six months from now.

I haven't played this game but I just wanna say this is the dumbest reason not to play something.

just sayin'
    i know >_<
    I was worried about dragging my feet and being late to the party
  • Anonus said:

I was worried about dragging my feet and being late to the party

Being late to the party for a single-player game is not an issue.
  • Just make sure you're not late to a Mario Party.