I haven't watched enough Seinfeld

I don't think I have.

It was a show that was very, very popular with the mainstream and is still in reruns. But it's not something I know like the back of my hand. Should I?

Comments

• The Seinfeld Effect has its name for a reason
  • what are you saying
  • kill living beings
    i'm pretty familiar with seinfeld from pop culture osmotics. you can see in this images how it happen.

http://gunshowcomic.com/515

http://gunshowcomic.com/536
  • what are you saying

The Seinfeld Effect is when something is so influential that it no longer holds up on its own merits.
  • well sometimes things can, at least to me

it's possible for the original to do things better than their imitators/influenced works
  • edited 2015-10-15 10:29:09
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    It might be worth watching if you're interested in seeing far mainstream sitcoms have pushed Seinfeld's "the cast is incompetent and/or sociopathic" shtick.

On the "sociopathic" side, Curb your Enthusiasm is by (and stars) the guy Costanza is based on, where the POV character has a complete lack of respect for other people he disagrees with. His social blindness thankfully costs him sometimes, but we're still made out to empathize with him. It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia leans more on the "incompetence" side; as far as I know, there's a plot where their incompetence resulted in people dying in an apartment fire. (Building fire deaths! How funny.)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Have you seen one Seinfeld episode? Then you've seen enough.
  • edited 2015-10-15 16:31:24
    We can do anything if we do it together.

On the "sociopathic" side, Curb your Enthusiasm is by (and stars) the guy Costanza is based on, where the POV character has a complete lack of respect for other people he disagrees with. His social blindness thankfully costs him sometimes, but we're still made out to empathize with him.

FWIW, that guy was also the head writer and co-creator of Seinfeld.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The following sitcoms are things I like

Peep Show

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Difficult People
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a very solid show, and one I'd recommend to those that: Like lighthearted-but-serious sitcoms, don't mind a bit of zaniness (it does take place in NYC), and enjoy characters like Leslie Knope of Parks & Rec.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I have been meaning to see that one for a while. Something revolving around a character that peppy with that dark a backstory has to be something, for better or worse, and thankfully all sources indicate "better."