The technicians at the Marvel/Disney labs are hard at work trying to process materials like these

Into yummy, delicious Content for the whole family.

70sscifiart:    Adam Warlock vs. Doctor Strange

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    But Mr. Torgo, isn't it already delicious enough?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    There are lines of dialogue that aren't quips! It's totally unoptimized!
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    if the future, we will speak only in evil laughs and dress in day-glo pajamas
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    no, in the future we will speak only in quips and dress in distinctive, marketable outfits
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    that works too
    You could always dress in distinctive, marketable outfits and speak in lots of malapropisms
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    There needs to be a Doctor Strange film, but only if someone appropriately insane directs it.
  • Benedict Cumberbatch will play every role in the Doctor Strange film a la The Nutty Professor
    0vvvv0 said:

There needs to be a Doctor Strange film, but only if someone appropriately insane directs it.

Marvel's planning on making it

I don't know if they will go for an insane director
    Any director but a visionary would undersell just how trippy that comic was. It is basically B-movie science fantasy meets transcendental surrealist odyssey. There is a universe-conquering demon made of fire and the protagonist uses his third eye and ancient grimoires to solve magical problems in interdimensional space.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    0vvvv0 said:

I still maintain that you could make a really good Howard the Duck film if you gave it to an indie filmmaker and kept it as far away from the MCU as possible.

0vvvv0 said:

I still maintain that you could make a really good Howard the Duck film if you gave it to an indie filmmaker and kept it as far away from the MCU as possible.
    I could buy that.

An animated film would suit the contrasts better than live-action, though.
  • edited 2015-10-12 02:02:57
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    0vvvv0 said:

0vvvv0 said:

I could buy that.

An animated film would suit the contrasts better than live-action, though.
    I think the ideal medium for him would be a live-action/2-D animation blend ala Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    You think Walt Disney Animation Studios could pull it off?
  • edited 2015-10-12 02:03:16
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    (no way Pixar would do it - Lasseter and Catmull are not about to milk IP other than their own over there!)
    That makes sense.

Now my torn feelings about the concept of a Doom Patrol adaptation are rising up in me. How could anyone do it justice? Who could, for that matter?
  • Doom Patrol would work better as an animated series.
  • edited 2015-10-12 02:06:26
    I feel like Brad Bird might be able to pull something off with Howard, but you would probably have to sell him on it first.
  • edited 2015-10-12 02:08:58
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Doom Patrol would work better as an animated series.

I've been tempted to do things with Doom Patrol in the context of ABC Warner's universe (ABC owns DC), but I always worry that it would be seen as a ripoff of X-Men

But yeah I would love to do cartoons for DC's not-huge properties!
    The Doom Patrol did make an appearance in Teen Titans.
  • Doom Patrol would be like

a fuckin weird show.

It'd have to be
    I haven't seen that episode, it must not have been in Boomerang's rotation >_>
    seriously they did that thing where they ran like half the series - if that - and started over again
  • it was in the last season which many people did not like, the wtf-ridden finale aside
    Anonus said:

I've been tempted to do things with Doom Patrol in the context of ABC Warner's universe (ABC owns DC), but I always worry that it would be seen as a ripoff of X-Men

But yeah I would love to do cartoons for DC's not-huge properties!
    Even in the context of your imaginary universe, please read Morrison's run of the comics before even joking about that. Or making an X-Men comparison: The Premiani run was clearly influential on its rival, but even that was more subversive and whacked out.

Seriously, that is probably my favourite mainstream comic series ever. Tread lightly or I will eat you.

Yes. It would be difficult to sum everything that is worthwhile about it up in a film, and more difficult in live action by far. But the director would have to be pretty inventive.
  • 0vvvv0 said:

Tread lightly or I will eat you.
    but i thought you only had eyes for me
    You told me DP was a ripoff of X-Men yourself...

But sure, I'm interested

why didn't I go as Crazy Jane for Halloween this year on the forums
    X-Men 4x09: Beyond Good And Evil Part 2

The X-Men Episode Guide 4x06: 'Sanctuary, Part 1'

X-Men cartoon screenshot

you're going to call attention to that grody old thing every time someone brings up X-Men aren't you
    we HAVE a thread for complex, subtle plots man
  • remember that Youtube video that's just like a random montage of contextless clips from that cartoon
    I love that clip so much.
    This is my thread, and I can do what I want provided I keep to the rules of the forum and don't act like an asshole.
    Anonus said:

But sure, I'm interested
    Other way around. Sort of. They borrowed from each other, but I think Doom Patrol was out a few months earlier, or was supposed to be but got pushed back? It was a weird time. Marvel and DC had similar ideas at the same time and ran with them in slightly different directions.

The real differences came later. The earlier Doom Patrol revivals that overlapped with Teen Titans were apparently pretty lame and much indebted to the likes of X-Men, yes, but when Grant Morrison took the reins at the end of the 1980s, things got very weird very fast. Grant Morrison loves obscure comics continuity minutiae and all forms of the bizarre in about equal measure. It shows.

That would make for an amazing show, but nobody would broadcast it. It's wacky, sure, but it also gets heavy as hell, and early.
  • I love that clip so much.
    *extends adamantine claws*

...turkey

*cuts off turkey leg, eats leg while walking away*

why didn't I go as Crazy Jane for Halloween this year on the forums
    ...next year you must do this. You will make my month.
  • this is actually worse than when I realized I should've gone as Shirley Temple With A Gun
    :3 said:

0vvvv0 said:

Tread lightly or I will eat you.
    but i thought you only had eyes for me
    Not that way, darling.

I would cross the Wall of Severance only for you.
  • could we be under attack....on CHRISTMAS EVE?
    0vvvv0 said:

Anonus said:

But sure, I'm interested
    Other way around. Sort of. They borrowed from each other, but I think Doom Patrol was out a few months earlier, or was supposed to be but got pushed back? It was a weird time. Marvel and DC had similar ideas at the same time and ran with them in slightly different directions.

The real differences came later. The earlier Doom Patrol revivals that overlapped with Teen Titans were apparently pretty lame and much indebted to the likes of X-Men, yes, but when Grant Morrison took the reins at the end of the 1980s, things got very weird very fast. Grant Morrison loves obscure comics continuity minutiae and all forms of the bizarre in about equal measure. It shows.

That would make for an amazing show, but nobody would broadcast it. It's wacky, sure, but it also gets heavy as hell, and early.
    yeah I meant the other way around
  • edited 2015-10-12 02:36:22

remember that Youtube video that's just like a random montage of contextless clips from that cartoon

Not that clip, but this is obligatory anyway:

also these kinds of shows are what my version of Toonami is for :n
  • I think you better watch your mouth....and mine!
  • Anonus said:

also these kinds of shows are what my version of Toonami is for :n

Doom Patrol would actually make a terrific Midnight Run show
    I want to see "The Beard Hunter" animated. It would be like if Archer was actually good.
  • what is that object?

it appears to be the ace of spades