Heapers making up fake bands

It was funny at first, but it's getting old. There's no such band as Merzbow or Steve Albini or Chic.

Comments

• I only listen to real bands like Johnny Dweomer's Chocolate Symposium
  • Torgo said:

There's no such band as Merzbow

technically this is true
  • edited 2015-10-08 00:06:07
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Chic is actually pop, in all seriousness.

In fact, you probably know this song from somewhere:

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Torgo said:

There's no such band as Merzbow

technically this is true

You are correct, although at one time Merzbow was a band of sorts. Kiyoshi Mizutani was the other constant member, with the performance artists Reiko Azuma and Tetsuo Sakaibara often contributing live, particularly during Akita's 80s tours. There is even an acoustic live Merzbow album—or mostly acoustic. It is pretty damn cool.
  • edited 2015-10-08 01:55:09
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    90s, actually, in the case of Reiko A and Bara. Sorry for the mix-up. That said, Live in Khabarovsk CCCP: "I'm Proud By The Rank Of The Workers" is from 1988 and is a Mizutani-era album, and it is indeed about as close to Merzbow Unplugged as one is likely to get.
  • kill living beings
    e
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I only listen to Megalithic Death Parade, Fight Five Kings, Supermassive Cheesecake, Hyperion Hits Hell, Sanctus Hunter, Exactamundo, Hoy! Hey! Hets Go!, Layered Plasma, Fuckfaster, and 一刀两段.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I like Bongripper and Seedy Jeezus.
  • Gotta say, Fuckfaster disappointed me with their latest album. I'm definitely more attuned to their synthy jazz stuff than I am to the faux-power pop they did this time. It's probably going to have to grow on me, though; I wasn't a huge fan of Cockboard when it first came out and now it's one of my favorite albums.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    . . . it's really weird seeing you using language like that tbh
  • edited 2015-10-09 00:13:17
    kill living beings
    yeah, it's pretty weird seeing anyone use a phrase like "faux-power pop", in my opinion
    it's true, i actually have no idea what that means
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-10-09 00:45:04
    Spoiler:
    there's no such thing as faux power pop and AFAIK there's no band named Fuckfaster either; I was channeling an old TVT Forum Games thread about nonexistent music but clearly the joke didn't read as such
  • kill living beings
    i was making another joke because i assumed aphid was referring to your using forbidden terminology

what's it like being so owend
  • You've successfully dunked on me twice now: in name and in wit.

Bravo, Klino.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I own every album by The Crucial Three and treasure them dearly.
    Tiny said:

Spoiler:
    there's no such thing as faux power pop and AFAIK there's no band named Fuckfaster either; I was channeling an old TVT Forum Games thread about nonexistent music but clearly the joke didn't read as such
    i didn't remember that thread but if i thought they were real bands i wouldn't have commented