youtube recommendation algorithms HATE him

local cat discovers one weird trick to be recommended the least appealing content on the planet despite not watching anything vaguely similar

Comments

• did the nostalgia critic run out of actual old stuff to review
  • this is all because i spent like a few hours months ago watching Red Letter Media videos to see why odradek was so mad im sure of it
  • that's ok I watched a handful of Totalbiscuit videos like two years ago before I knew he was a douchebag and Youtube has been utterly convinced ever since that I MUST want to watch his wife play HunniePop.
  • thunderf00t kinda sorta looks like sredni in some pictures and it weirds me the fuck out
  • naney said:

thunderf00t kinda sorta looks like sredni in some pictures and it weirds me the fuck out

nega-sredni.
  • did the nostalgia critic run out of actual old stuff to review

Also, the answer to this question is yes.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The "make fun of a current movie by reenacting it instead of using clips" format was funny the first couple times but he seems intent on making that his full time gimmick now...
  • edited 2015-09-28 13:22:05
    We can do anything if we do it together.

The "make fun of a current movie by reenacting it instead of using clips" format was funny the first couple times but he seems intent on making that his full time gimmick now...

It's the first thing he's done that people have actually liked in literally years, so it's not surprising that he's running it into the ground now.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

It's the first thing he's done that people have actually liked in literally years, so it's not surprising that he's running it into the ground now.
    It is quite amusing to me that he's abandoned any pretense of his original "reviewing movies from '90s kids' childhoods" gimmick at this point
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

Isn't that at least partly to circumvent his videos being taken down because of copyright claims? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    MetaFour said:

Isn't that at least partly to circumvent his videos being taken down because of copyright claims? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    That too, yeah. It lets him make videos about movies while they're still in theaters without having to avoid the copyright police.
  • edited 2015-09-28 15:09:39
    sigh

I like to listen to his opinions, but his gimmicks really can get on my nerves
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

It is quite amusing to me that he's abandoned any pretense of his original "reviewing movies from '90s kids' childhoods" gimmick at this point
    I actually have to wonder what the point is, then, seeing as he already had Bum Reviews...
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

MetaFour said:

That too, yeah. It lets him make videos about movies while they're still in theaters without having to avoid the copyright police.
    It also gives the actors that he refuses to fire for whatever reason something to do.
  • edited 2015-09-28 16:36:43
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Honestly I can't really fault him for keeping them around because he owes them for canceling Demo Reel so soon after he cast them in that, so...
  • edited 2015-09-28 16:34:58
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    It's already been three years, though, so I imagine any commitment he made to them has either run out or is about to run out.
  • edited 2015-09-28 16:47:15
    I'm not really familiar with Nostalgia Critic continuity, or the quasi-franchise he's built around himself

I just listen to his opinions and that's it
  • Honestly, I'm more mad that he picked a movie that people actually like in general. Nobody likes to watch him review stuff people like

Also, there was some basis on the first two. NC had a history of reviewing Jurassic Park and Adam Sandler. This is right out of left field
  • edited 2015-09-28 18:01:46

I'm filled with regret that I didn't crop the nostalgia critic out

-~-
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    naney said:

I'm filled with regret that I didn't crop the nostalgia critic out -~-

I know that feel.

If it's any consolation, I think youtube firmly believes everyone wants to watch meninist blathering.
    naney said:

I'm filled with regret that I didn't crop the nostalgia critic out

-~-

Be lucky that the AVGN wasn't in that photo.
  • ...aren't they like the same dude or?
    They're separate.

They just cross over from time to time.
    naney said:

...aren't they like the same dude or?

They like to have sex, but it's not gay.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    the first time i saw the image i didn't realize the amazing atheist and thunderfoot were two different people and assumed he just shaved
    Maybe naney actually watched atheist videos and that's why he's seeing this
  • I don't think I have
  • edited 2015-09-28 21:10:06
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    maybe he clicked on one by accident a while back and doesn't remember

BUT YOUTUBE DOES
  • kill living beings
    oh yeah, well what horrible videos HAVE you watched to get you these recommendations, COMRADE

I think watching this was what dynamited my recommendations.

This is a good video though.
  • ...i figured out what i watched.

i watched a video by this sword dude talking about bad swordplay in movies and he also had a bunch of other less savory videos
    I, for one, am sad Madass Alex has fallen so far.
  • youtube now wants me to watch a bunch of animated Cyanide and Happiness shorts

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Cute.
  • have you watched The Last Unicorn
    No, why?
  • That is a gif from The Last Unicorn, it is a very good movie, one of my favorites, and it is on netflix

i am hereby recommending it to you, with the caveat that the theme song is bad
    For what it's worth, it sounded familiar after you asked (and indeed it did), and finding out it's on Netflix just gives me more impetus to check it out.

So, thanks, sure I will at some point.