What is your definition of "stretched" and "squished"/"squashed"?

The second sample is, to me, "stretched", and the third is "squished"/"squashed".

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I would call the second one "squashed" and the third one "stretched", because I tend to think in the horizontal direction.

You're thinking in the vertical direction, I guess.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also I'd be more likely to say "compressed" than "squashed" or "squished", usually.
  • kill living beings
    skewed
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    squishy
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I am actually with AU here although I can see it Centie's way, too.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

I would call the second one "squashed" and the third one "stretched", because I tend to think in the horizontal direction.

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tachyon, you are clearly my equal and opposite number! We must engage in sacred combat on the field of battle at dawn to determine who shall predominate!

Choose your weapon.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    *blinks*

do we have to?  i'm not in a predominant mood
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

I agree with Anonus and I think I think in the vertical direction for text because the letters themselves are usually more tall than wide.
    Calica said:

I agree with Anonus and I think I think in the vertical direction for text because the letters themselves are usually more tall than wide.
    I think a big part of it, for me, is that I tend to think in terms of signage. It's common to see signs where someone has horizontally compressed lettering to fit too much text into too small a space, but it's less common to see someone vertically stretch lettering to fill extra space. 
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    makes sense