"Bathroom Tissue"

Why do ads keep using that phrase instead of "toilet paper"? Is it just stubbornness at this point?

Comments

• Because referencing toilets is bad, because. 
  • don't be a potty mouth
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i don't think i've ever heard this
    that's hilarious actually
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I see it fairly often on aisle signs in grocery stores.

Even as a little kid it struck me as a very silly euphemism, since everyone uses the toilet.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    but how often do we want to think about toilets?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Is calling it "bathroom tissue" going to make you not think of toilets? I mean, it's still toilet paper, regardless of what fancy words you use for it...
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    "Toilet" is itself a kind of euphemism; originally a lady's toilet was her cosmetic preparation for going out in public.
    hence 'toiletries'
    If you're in West Virginia you might call it a commode, so... :P
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Privy, latrine, john, water closet, crapper, possibly "evils" depending on what Shakespeare meant in that one play...
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I learned that in Gulliver's Travels