Women

2»

Comments

• The musician Leslie Feist (stage name is just Feist). Beautiful voice, exquisite features.
  • After the last discussion in our "Gender and sexuality" course most of the class, myself included, came to an agreement that women do not exist.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    That's...an unusual thing to agree to.

Here's one now.

• That expression says to me "You lied to me John, and now I have to KILL YOU!"
  • @Imipolex

Why, it is quite usual in a certain brands of feminist scholarship. Not all of them, and of course I am being tongue-in-cheek here as the full argument is more complicated, but the point still stands - it is not unusual.
  • Man, even Feist's normal speaking voice is heavenly. -sigh-
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    @Beholder: Well, I knew it must mean something academic or theoretical. I'm not completely up on all that stuff...
  • Nothing wrong with not being up on all that stuff! I've got a nagging suspicion that most of the people who consider themselves experts are pretending.

I know I do
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I'm no expert either, but while I've never heard of that feminism, I have read about feminism which that could easily be a strawman of (either the Judith Butler social construct thing, or possibly something written in response to Spurs and Lacan's work and the idea of absence/lack, which you mainly encounter in French feminism).

Attacks on feminism often seem to miss the point, though, in my experience.
  • Social construct is what I've meant, especially when it said not only about gender characteristics (with which I agree) but about sexual ones too. Basically, that very definition of who counts as male and who as female is arbitrary.

And as I've said, I was not entirely serious
  • Afro Man made a song called "Girls" talking about how awesome any and all females are.

Even the lesbian ESPECIALLY THE LESBIANS