Dragons are so often evil

2»

Comments

• Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Panzer Dragoon dragons are the best dragons
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    What about Hatzegopteryx, or Quetzalcoatlus northropi (which may or may not be the same species)?
  • kill living beings
    buncha motherfuckrs
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I would go with the idea that dragons are, skeletally, not unlike condors or the like: Hollow bones and proportionally huge wings.

Long and ying long are a different matter. The latter have wings of a form, but the former in particular appear to use magnetism or perhaps deposits of exotic matter in their brains to levitate. And given that the earliest origins of the Western dragon lie in the great serpents and amphipteres of Greece and Egypt, which do bear more than a passing resemblance to their East Asian brethren, this being a shared trait is not implausible.
  • kill living beings
    dragons are usually stocky is what i mean

big motherfuckers

even hatzefuck has a huge ass wingspan, dumb litle body, long neck, huge head

so undragony

also a lot of paleoart of them doesn't have them flying. hrm
  • edited 2015-09-17 16:38:40
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    that's because we have fossil footprints which show that at least some of the time they walked on the ground (we don't have footprints like this for most pterosaurs so it's a big deal and gets represented a lot in the art)

nevertheless it was light enough that it presumably could fly, though if it was any bulkier it couldn't; it probably needed a run-up
    for those who don't know what we're talking about, this was an animal the height of a giraffe with a skull more than 2.5 metres long

the skull fragments we have are also unusually bulky by pterosaur standards (certainly not bulky like most dragons are depicted as being, though)
  • Zeether said:

Panzer Dragoon dragons are the best dragons

i have found a brethren
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Spyro_the_Dragon_(character).JPG
  • Aliroz said:

Aw man, lots of early dragon ideas are based off of suchians.  If Dragons are lame, what does that make pseudosuchians?
    for reference, this was a taunt to a dragon that's basically the worst boss in the webcomic so far

dragons are alright

Dragons were part of what made Skyrim great to me, at least at first.

They did sometimes show up at annoying moments, and i felt the last fight against Alduin was a bit of a let-down.
    Also, the Blades are assholes.
  • the new romance game: Dragons. 
    the new romance game: goombas
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    WP1_1280X1024.jpg

red_dragon1_1280.jpg

valamadarace_by_kerembeyit.jpg
  • kill living beings
    did anyone else see the last dragon

i think it was pretty alright, i liked the flight bladder doubling as fuel
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I saw that when I was a kid. It was pretty good.
  • pterosaurs are usually drawn to have dragon wings, which are usually drawn to be bat wings
  • I would go with the idea that dragons are, skeletally, not unlike condors or the like: Hollow bones and proportionally huge wings.

Long and ying long are a different matter. The latter have wings of a form, but the former in particular appear to use magnetism or perhaps deposits of exotic matter in their brains to levitate. And given that the earliest origins of the Western dragon lie in the great serpents and amphipteres of Greece and Egypt, which do bear more than a passing resemblance to their East Asian brethren, this being a shared trait is not implausible.

Long are explicitly supernatural, though, which isn't always the case with Western dragons.