Snoopy's Secret Life

Comments

• edited 2015-08-27 21:09:43
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Snoopy has like 100 secret lives.
  • kill living beings
    no, the real problem here is that in order to recognize the outfit, Schroeder must attend the dog fights
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Schroeder, the quintessential man of culture? I think not
  • Animal bloodsport was probably considered classy in the 30's or whenever.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Maybe "dogfights" actually refers to those aerial battles Snoopy gets into with the Red Baron.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    peanuts started in the 60s, charlie brown's comment suggests that dogfights are not classy

Depravity and culture are not as separate as we like to think, as we learned from A Clockwork Orange, and Silence Of The Lambs.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

peanuts started in the 60s, charlie brown's comment suggests that dogfights are not classy

Close. 1950.

I remember that because Schulz started in 1950 and retired in 2000, making a full half-century of comics.

Mind you, it's not as though he lived to enjoy his retirement very long...
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

Tachyon said:

Close. 1950.

I remember that because Schulz started in 1950 and retired in 2000, making a full half-century of comics.

Mind you, it's not as though he lived to enjoy his retirement very long...
    It's not like he would've enjoyed it very much anyway.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    a full decade out is not 'close'

i was wrong
    Odradek said:

Depravity and culture are not as separate as we like to think, as we learned from A Clockwork Orange, and Silence Of The Lambs.
    fair point
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

a full decade out is not 'close'

i was wrong

The 1950s and early 1960s were very similar times in American culture, so getting them mixed up didn't register as that big a mistake to me...
    but then everybody FREAKED OUT
    not really, though
  • BeeBee
    edited 2015-08-28 18:40:47
    Odradek said:

Maybe "dogfights" actually refers to those aerial battles Snoopy gets into with the Red Baron.

For the record, it's possible Charlie was talking about the horrible kind, and Schroeder about the Red Baron kind.

Wait, when did the Red Baron stuff turn into a running thing for that comic?
    If I had a time machine, and was more of an asshole, I would go around telling historical figures painful truths about the future.

Hey Manfred, your side is going to lose the war, and you will mainly go down in history as the nemesis of a cartoon dog. You won't live to see it though.

Hey Draco, in thousands of years, people will still be dissing you for being a terrible lawmaker.

Hey Brutus, that republic of yours is going to disintegrate, and a descendant named after you will be remembered as one of the most famous traitors ever.

Plus this one time, Schopenhauer was waiting to get into this club for like an hour, and then the bouncer just let Hegel right in, skipping the line. It turned out to be a stupid club anyway because all the girls just wanted to talk to Hegel.
    Well, Borges liked Schopenhauer, at least.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i think i've said it before, but at least schopenhauer got to influence evangelion.  what animes has hegel influenced?
    Calica said:

i think i've said it before, but at least schopenhauer got to influence evangelion.  what animes has hegel influenced?

Code Geass