Pet peeve: people stopping in the McDonald's drive-thru

This has happened to me at three different McDonald'ses on three separate occasions in the past couple months. The customer in front of me gets their food, then proceeds to just stop in the drive-thru lane, blocking me in.

Like, I grew up in a big family. I get that when you've got 5 or 6 people in your car, it can take a moment to pass everybody their drinks and make sure everyone has a straw, etc. But you don't just sit there blocking people, you gotta pull out of the way first!

Today I lost my cool and honked at somebody because they actually pulled up to the parking lot exit and stopped, keeping me from getting out into the street. I think I pissed him off a little, but what the hell else am I supposed to do when someone's being so obliviously inconsiderate?
Tagged:

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    you go through the drive-thru? I never do that
  • edited 2015-08-17 21:45:11

But yeah, seriously, they should just pull into a parking space or something for a few moments.  Blocking a thru way is obnoxious as hell.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Sometimes when I'm thirsty and I have enough spare change I'll pull through to get a Diet Coke to take to work. One of those things that's not really worth going inside for, at least to me.