I can't stop laughing

no theses aren't my pictures but i wish they were because i would totally love to see a store like that
Tagged:

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Note also the IrfanView CD in the background
  • kill living beings
    nice
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    uTorrent on a CD is funnier than it has any right to be

Because your first thought is "well, maybe if you didn't have an internet connection"

Then you realize that without an internet connection you couldn't use uTorrent anyways
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    those look like Micro Center price tags
    lee4hmz said:

those look like Micro Center price tags

I wish you hadn't said that, because now I need to stop at Micro Center sometime and see if I can find any of this crap
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    A CD can serve as a good flier. Pass them out to people at trade shows and stuff.
    MachSpeed said:

A CD can serve as a good flier. Pass them out to people at trade shows and stuff.

See, that would make sense.

The price tags would seem to indicate that this is someone attempting to make a quick buck redistributing freeware, though.
  • If people will buy it, why not sell it?

That's something that a teacher I had used to say.

I never actually knew what she meant by it because she used it as a figure of speech and we were just supposed to understand what that meant on a figurative level but I don't think any of us did.

If people will buy it, why not sell it?

That's something that a teacher I had used to say.

I never actually knew what she meant by it because she used it as a figure of speech and we were just supposed to understand what that meant on a figurative level but I don't think any of us did.
    Is it ethical to profit off someone else's work?

(I'm not doing a very good job of keeping up my amorality facade right now >_>)
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It doesn't matter if it's ethical or not, it just happens all the time.
    MachSpeed said:

It doesn't matter if it's ethical or not, it just happens all the time.

Well I imagine if the developers of uTorrent said "stop burning our software to cheap CD-Rs and selling it" they would have some sort of legal recourse

Not that they're likely to know or care about this
  • kill living beings
    holy shit, µTorrent has a "Pro" version with an annual fee now.

holy shit, µTorrent has a "Pro" version with an annual fee now.

i should be more surprised by this but with Windows Solitaire being a freemium game now it would take something especially ridiculous to faze me
  • Hey Centie, you have Win10, try downloading the WinXP version of Solitaire and seeing if it runs.
    I haven't tried that yet myself but I've heard it refuses to run properly on Windows 10 unless you patch it with a hex editor.
  • Or probably as a more important thing, try importing the WinXP version of Windows Movie Maker.
    ...why would i willingly touch Windows Movie Maker, let alone the XP version?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    desperation
  • ...why would i willingly touch Windows Movie Maker, let alone the XP version?

Because it's a free video editor that's relatively easy to use and the Win7 version called Windows Live Movie Maker sucks in comparison or so I heard and the original is supposedly only available up to Vista but can be ported right into Win7 seamlessly so I was wondering if the older XP version can be ported seamlessly into the newer Win10.
    I maintain that I have no reason to use Windows Movie Maker, but curiosity got the best of me:

It actually seems to work, to the extent that WMM can be said to work.

Amusingly, because it's a program made for older versions of Windows, its about box says I'm running NT 6.2 (Windows 8)--only modern programs get to know this is NT 10.0.

Solitaire works too, though I had to copy both the executable itself and the cards.dll file that contain the card graphics:

This is the XP version. I'm gonna grab a Windows 7 VM and see if I can use that version since it had slightly updated graphics.
  • I kinda prefer the old version of Solitaire.  And Minesweeper.  And Hearts.

The new ones track my score which makes me not want to interrupt games on them since those count as losses.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2015-08-14 06:08:06
    We just recently got Win 10 images at work for QA testing.  One of my coworkers pulled up Freecell on it and it immediately started eating 80% of the CPU and ran at about 2 fps.  Closed it, started the company software (heavy duty report generator with a decent-sized sample DB), and it was less than 30%.

BLOATWARE
  • Bee said:

We just recently got Win 10 images at work for QA testing.  One of my coworkers pulled up Freecell on it and it immediately started eating 80% of the CPU and ran at about 2 fps.  Closed it, started the company software (heavy duty report generator with a decent-sized sample DB), and it was less than 30%.

BLOATWARE
    dafuq
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Interesting. I should try that here and see what happens.
    Also annoying about the Windows 10 Solitaire is that if you stop interacting with it for a few seconds--e.g., because you've clicked over to whatever you're actually using the computer for--it starts highlighting possible moves.

Dammit, Solitaire, I left for a couple minutes because I was doing other things, not because I was stupid enough to get stuck on such an obvious move!
    I've found out you can turn that off, but still. It's on by default.