Han Solo made The Kessel Run in under12 parsecs

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    a parsec is a unit of distance and therefore this is nonsensical

however, arguing about old Star Wars nitpicks is also nonsensical
  • in some book it was explained that by saying that he did it in 12 parsecs he is indicating that he successfully took dangerous shortcuts, thus proving his skill as a navigator
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    asspull
  • in retrospect that totally is but I did not question it when I was 12

and as asspulla go I think it's rather clever
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Well most people assume he's just bullshiting Obi Wan Kenobi
  • this is because most people don't have an endless quantity of extended universe trivia crammed in their heads
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-A-New-Hope.html

Ben reacts to Solo's stupid attempt to impress them with
    obvious misinformation.
  • When you're dealing with Sci-fi magical worlds, you have to make obvious what is a lie, otherwise people will construct methods and reasons for how it could really* happen. 
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
  • It's a minor mistake; it doesn't matter.

The "explanation" given in the EU is precisely as much of an ass pull as any other EU explanation for an offhand line in a Star Wars film.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Kexruct said:

It's a minor mistake; it doesn't matter.

The "explanation" given in the EU is precisely as much of an ass pull as any other EU explanation for an offhand line in a Star Wars film.
    Well the script suggests it's a clue that Han Solo isn't completely trustworthy.
  • Odradek said:

Kexruct said:

It's a minor mistake; it doesn't matter.

Well the script suggests it's a clue that Han Solo isn't completely trustworthy.
    and it wasn't executed well-enough to emulate that this sort of thing wasn't possible.