IJBM: people jumping to judgement too quickly

edited 2015-04-20 21:16:10 in General
I ordered a book stand on Amazon.

I was shipped a mechanical pencil.

I contacted the seller alerting them to the fact that the wrong item was delivered.  The seller refunded me the full amount and asked that I keep the pencil as an apology, and order the item again.

The item had increased in price by 46 cents (8.3%) during the meantime.  Said seller was still the cheapest-priced item though.

I relayed a message saying that I had ordered the item again, but I was disappointed in the increase in price.

Is this enough information to judge this seller?

Some people would say they fucked up the order, so downvote them.  No, but they also refunded me.

Some people would say they refunded me and let me keep the item they sent by mistake.  No, but they jacked up the price in the meantime.

So, no, it's not time to judge this seller yet, positively or negatively.

STOP JUDGING PEOPLE AND THINGS SO DAMN FAST

STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS

RESERVE JUDGEMENT UNTIL THERE IS SUFFICIENT INFORMATION EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN A REASONABLE SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES BY WHICH TO JUDGE IT

ACCOUNT FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF RANDOM FACTORS INFLUENCING THE OUTCOME OF THINGS

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I think for me it would come down to whether the price was increased in response to the normal fluctuation of supply and demand, or whether he was trying to jack up the price to get more money out of you.

I suspect it's the former, since 46 cents isn't worth potentially alienating a paying customer over (since you could easily choose to buy from someone else if you didn't like his new pricing).
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Prices fluctuate all the time on Amazon, sometimes even over the span of a few minutes. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • They just replied saying they'd knock off $1 once the order showed as filled.  I'm going to wait to see this and if I actually get the item this time then they're getting a 5/5 from me.

As for this thread I was just complaining about people rushing to judgement about things (and people) in general.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    No.

I do as I please.

And it's not like I can do anything else.
  • you're supposed to do the right thing and give people a reasonable benefit of the doubt >:(
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Fuck that.
  • MachSpeed said:

Fuck that.

Fuck this.