Your 9 Favorite TV Shows?

LWLW
edited 2015-03-18 03:58:51 in General Media
I figured that since we already did this for games and it seemed to go okay, it might be interesting to see what everybody's 9 favorite TV shows were too. Feel free to make your picks however you see fit. My thought is that each square can represent anywhere from a season of a particular show to the entire series.

Like in the last thread, there are basically three steps:
  1. Come up with a list of your 9 favorite TV shows.
  2. Use this site and a search engine to put together a mosaic of the 9 TV shows you picked.
  3. Upload the image to imgur/your image hosting site of choice and post it here with or without an explanation of why you picked the TV shows you did.

The following is a super silly one I did. It is anime dominated because I am a dork; yours need not be.

Going left to right across each row:
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood/Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Sketchbook ~full color's~
  • Haruhi Suzumiya
  • GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class
  • Bamboo Blade
  • Cardcaptor Sakura
  • K-On!/K-On!!
  • Princess Tutu
  • Non Non Biyori

Comments

• edited 2015-03-18 04:17:27
    inb4 i do this in gimp rather than using the web tool again

anyway, does this include nonfiction shows?

what about episodically-organized web shows?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    guess I'll be sitting this one out
  • and does it still count if you didn't watch it on tv?
  • inb4 i do this in gimp rather than using the web tool again

anyway, does this include nonfiction shows?

what about episodically-organized web shows?

This includes anything you want it to include so long as it is not a book or a game or something like that. It does not matter if you actually watched the show on TV or online or whatever. I mean, nearly all of the stuff in the OP I originally watched online.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    - Mushishi
    - Hunter x Hunter
    - Haibane Renmei
    - Dollhouse
    - Babylon 5
    - Cowboy Bebop
    - FLCL
    - Baccano 

Not sure these are necessarily my all time favorites, though some certainly are. I feel like I'm missing a couple I really ought to have included and it's sort of bugging me. 
  • woooooo haibane renmei!!!!

i tried making one of these but failed
    Haibane was great :D I'd actually highly recommend another on my list, Mushi-shi, if you liked Haibane. They have a sort of similar tone, to my mind, even though they're pretty different.
  • edited 2015-03-18 07:21:51

the beau really likes it so i'll prolly see it sometime

i really like reflective, quietly downcast or introspective sorts of things with a strong focus on atmosphere, which seems like a rarity in tv series generally speaking

but yeah tone is really important to me, a work can get away with a lot in my book if it sets up a tone i can vibe with well or it addresses a lot of themes close to my heart, Haibane Renmei does both of those things in addition to being great in every other way so yeah
    I am right with you on pretty much all of that. Not that I don't really enjoy a great plot or other aspects or tv, but if you can develop a tone and atmosphere I love, I'm hooked. 
  • The Mysterious Ballerina and her Tree Stump Ghosts
    I did an all anime one because of LW's original, I'll probably do a not all-anime as soon as I can think of something for it (since I seem to have better records on anime)

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Some of these should come as no surprise to anyone.
  • MachSpeed said:

Some of these should come as no surprise to anyone.
    What shows are the last two on the bottom row and the last one on the middle row?
  • edited 2015-03-20 04:22:36

- Cowboy Bebop (I know, big surprise right?)
    - Red Dwarf
    - The Prisoner
    - Ghost in the Shell: SAC
    - Samurai Champloo
    - The Muppet Show
    - Mononoke
    - Courage the Cowardly Dog
    - Rurouni Kenshin

Debated about adding Kenshin, since it's partially there because of Nostalgia, but it honestly had a really big impact on me when I was younger, so I felt it needed a place there.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the Muppet Show, ok, I can support that choice anyway
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

What shows are the last two on the bottom row and the last one on the middle row?

So the last one in the middle row is Legend of the Arching Hero, which is the English title for the 2002 adaption of Legend of the Condor Heroes.

The last two on the bottom row is the short-lived Motorcity, and Wakfu, which is based on a French MMO.
  • edited 2015-03-20 05:13:27

MachSpeed said:

So the last one in the middle row is Legend of the Arching Hero, which is the English title for the 2002 adaption of Legend of the Condor Heroes.

The last two on the bottom row is the short-lived Motorcity, and Wakfu, which is based on a French MMO.
    Okay, cool. Thanks. I guessed the last one on the bottom row was Wakfu, but I wasn't 100% sure.
  • My dreams exceed my real life