An ignore function has been installed

If there's somebody here getting on your nerves, then go to their profile page and hit the "Ignore" button. You can only ignore five people at a time, so use it sparingly and only if you really need a cool-down period from someone.

Two rules: no discussing the contents of your ignore list on the forum proper, and no ignoring the mods/admins. Violating either of these rules could lead to revocation, temporary or permanent, of your ignore list privileges.

Comments

• If you ignore someone, does it just blank their posts or display threads as if they hadn't posted at all?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It collapses their posts. They're reduced to just a username and an avatar and such, faded somewhat so as to make it easy to skip them.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It doesn't work with OPs though.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    But now people won't even skim over my posts. :o
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I was going to put Anonus on ignore for a few minutes just for a laugh but I guess it won't even let you ignore admins.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    R-rude!!!
    (rude ignore function, I mean, not rude CentralAve. CentralAve is not rude)
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    Can I ignore myself so people can't see my post?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    No, no one wants that.
  • If you ignored yourself, wouldn't that just make you unable to see your own posts?  So if you presumed that other people can't see your posts, wouldn't that be like putting your virtual head in the sand?
  • I don't think you can ignore yourself...
  • Unannouncing now.