Reden ueber Reddit

2»

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I'm still on IRC channels (such as #trashheap, attached to this site) and I enjoy it, so IRC is still worthwhile to me.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Wow, EFnet, that was what, 20 years ago?
  • edited 2015-01-19 21:24:02
    I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I actually found out about HH through IRC; talking to Crystal specifically. :)
  • I finally unsubbed from /r/TumblrInAction.

...man, this feels weird. On one hand, making fun of SJWs is a favorite pastime of mine. On the other hand, the circlejerk there was getting especially bad and promoting iffy-at-best views.
  • man it's almost like "SJWs" are a stereotype that largely doesn't actually exist and TIA only exists to make racists feel better about themselves.
  • largely doesn't actually exist

:/

They might have died down a bit, but SJWs are still a big problem on tumblr.

I don't actually remember seeing any racism, though. Lots of sexism, but not any racism. The place really went downhill when the head mod stepped down, but even when he was around...
  • I think you and I have different definitions of "problem".
  • kill living beings
    there are dumb sjws. like people that demand proof someone's been raped because the person's writing fan fiction that depicts a rape.

no real influence outside of fandom bullshit land, tho
  • I'm sure that there are but given the choice between obnoxious teenagers and actual anything-that-ends-in-ist-or-ic, I'd take the former any day.
  • kill living beings
    well obviously
  • Care to elaborate?
  • kill living beings
    stupid kids are more tolerable than stormfront. not much to elaborate on
  • That was a late post. I was supposed to respond to Spain Sun.
  • I'm not really seeing much Stormfront in TiA. It's more like they've become the obnoxious redditors that they deny being all the time.
  • kill living beings
    I wouldn't know
  • Honestly, them making /r/KotakuInAction should have been warning enough for me. And I'm not even very fond of Kotaku.
  • Acererak said:

That was a late post. I was supposed to respond to Spain Sun.

Klino said the same thing I would've.

Please don't call me Spain Sun.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Wait, you were once known as Spain Sun?

I wouldn't have guessed...
  • We have been over this like 80 times, Aliroz.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I knew that Mojave/Burgundy Queen was once known as Super Lazuli was once known as Spain Sun.

I just didn't know that Magic Jane was once Mojave/Burgundy Queen.
  • kill living beings
    I'm suddenly glad this site is so anal about name changes.

http://heapershangout.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/502014/#Comment_502014
  • edited 2015-01-25 21:02:15
    We can do anything if we do it together.

man it's almost like "SJWs" are a stereotype that largely doesn't actually exist and TIA only exists to make racists feel better about themselves.

I do think at this point that r/TIA is enabling the people they're mocking at best and encouraging abuse at worst, but I wouldn't say they exist solely to "make racists feel better about themselves".
  • They've actually got a rule against harassing the blogs they link to it. Ever since the head mod left due to depression no-one's ever listened to it, though.
  • Problem is there's no way to enforce it unless the harasser is stupid, like they use the same username.

TIA is increasingly falling for troll blogs, too.

• edited 2015-01-26 11:37:19
    TIA is increasingly falling for troll blogs, too.

That's always been a problem, though. It comes with the package - there's really no hard way to tell, in most cases.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Self proclaimed "anti-SJW" types always seemed to like presenting troll blogs at face value

I'm not sure whether it's because they're gullible or because they think they're making a point
  • I think most people with a cause are more likely to want to believe things that fit with their worldview, including completely made-up stuff that's supposed to come from their opposition. Look at how e.g. Republicans tend to fall for ridiculous "Look at what these liberals plan now!" things.
  • edited 2015-01-26 11:50:05
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    not like tumblr itself isn't excessively prone to falling for hoaxes

even more so, really, since "this is a hoax" things on reblog chains won't be as widely read as on the more centralized comment sections (this is of course not a property of the users themselves, but of the social system, blah blah blah shirky)
  • A cause? I just wanted to make fun of stupid shit; if it was a troll blog all along, then good on them for making me laugh.

The agenda thing was a big part of why I went and left, in fact.
  • Well yeah. Officially TIA is a "point and laugh at Tumblr idiocy" subreddit, and a lot of that idiocy truly does need laughed at. However, it has increasingly drawn an anti social justice crowd, not just an anti-stupidity crowd.
  • The breaking point for me was when I encountered the #meninist tag being used completely unironically. I'm sorry, but if you have to incorporate stupidity from the other extreme to prove your point, then you've lost any sort of high ground in my eyes.
  • Well, I just learned today that there's a subreddit dedicated entirely to Taylor Swift's armpits.

• My dreams exceed my real life
    D'awww

What a cute kitty!
  • I can't stand cats. They trigger my allergies.
  • I can't remember why quickmeme was banned site-wide, come to think of it.