Much Luxe Tune (Apocalypse World) - Interest Check/Sign-Up

edited 2015-01-11 16:26:31 in Roleplay & Games
I paid three dollars for a set of Apocalypse World limited-edition playbooks (which is like a character sheet but not). And one of the things I see is the Maestro'd, which catches my eye. Here's the move:

Establishment: Your establishment features one main attraction supported by 2 side
attractions (like a bar features drinks, supported by music and easy food).
Choose one to be your main act and 2 for lube: 
  • luxury food 
  • music 
  • fashion 
  • lots of food 
  • sex 
  • spectacle 
  • easy food 
  • games 
  • art 
  • drinks 
  • coffee 
  • drugs 
  • scene (see and be)
So basically, I want to have a coffee-shop that also provides sex and music. Because that sounds like fun. So here's a new RP thread for an Apocalypse World game.

Here's what you need to know about Apocalypse World: 
  • The world has ended. Nobody knows how or why. You're living in the ruins of the old world. Up ahead is a great psychic maelstrom, churning energy and hate and terror. But you're not a grizzled survivor, who is cowed by such things. You're not weak. You're dangerous and powerful and brilliant and sexy and all kinds of cool things. You want something, and you've got something to help you get it.
  • Character creation is you look at this list of playbooks. I give you the playbook. You take one. You check off stuff, write in things. No mathematics involved, no metagame thought. You want to do this thing? You take it.
  • Its traits/actions are moves, where rules are activated by the fiction. 
  • As the master-of-ceremonies (snazzy new term for GM), I never get to roll the dice. I tell you what happens, you react to it.
  • It's been oft-copied because the system is really simple and slick.
I need at least three players. More is always better. It's very important that it's at least three, because the system works best that way. I have personal experience that two is not optimal.

Comments

• edited 2015-01-12 02:56:05
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Standard Playbooks:
    • The Angel. You're not a doctor or a medic. You're something better; some lunatic with a defibrillator and lots of drugs. You're going to save lives.
    • The Battlebabe. There's sex, and there's violence. Baby, you've got both.
    • The Brainer. You're a weird psycho mindfucks that control brains, whisper into minds, and have eyes like broken things. You tap into the psychic maelstrom, which makes you kind of important. Maybe.
    • The Chopper. You have a motorcycle gang that gives you a ton of grief but they can wreck stuff like nobody's business. I played this, back then.
    • The Driver. You have a car, which is a lot more than anybody else has. And you're a devil behind the wheel. A road warrior.
    • The Gunlugger. You have a huge crate full of guns. You're pretty good with them. You shoot things.
    • The Hardholder. You're a lord of the land, your power backed by guns or money or something.
    • The Hocus. You're a fortune-teller and and group of followers. You've got that good old-fashioned religion. Which is to say, blood sacrifices, ecstatic rituals, and lots of drugs.
    • The Operator. You're that person who has an in on a ton of jobs. You can give set people up. Raiding, bodyguarding, whoring, murdering, delivering, brokering deals, and more. You've got lots of jobs, and you can give them to other people.
    • The Savyhead. Things break. You fix them. You fix them real good.
    • The Skinner. The world is ugly. You're one of the few beautiful things left, or you've got it. You're a courtesan or an artist, and you don't work for free.

Limited Edition Playbooks
    • The Hoarder. You're a creepy character with an even creepier collection of things. Useful things, perhaps.
      Warning: your MC will have a lot of leverage over you. You’ll sometimes have to fight to pursue your own agenda.
    • The Faceless. You're a giant, unstoppable killing machine. And that's all you're good at.
      Warning: you’ll hurt and disappoint the people you care about, for reals.
    • The Maestro'd. You have an establishment that people frequent, that offers something that's hard to find in the world. Similar to the Hardholder, but with fewer obligations and less shit to deal with.
      Warning: fewer obligations and less shit, not none and none.
    • The Quarantine. You're a cryogenically-frozen soldier from the old world. No, you're not fucking Captain America.
      Warning: a sane modern-day sensibility and point of view makes you spectacularly unsuited to life in Apocalypse World.
    • The Solace. You're a pacifist, an enemy of violence. You can promote collaboration and cooperation.
      Warning: you can already guess that your situation is precarious. What you may not guess is that the other characters might really resent being called out as big violent meanies, and might call you out as a priggish killjoy in turn.
    • The Touchstone. You have the power of hope, and you're bringing it to this doomed world.
      Warning: you have hope and vision, but violence is all you’re good at.

Playbooks That You Have To Convince Me Are A Good Idea To Let In The Game:
    • The Marmot. You're a marmot detective. That's it. That's the whole character. 
      Warning: your fellow players just might think you’re fucking around with them.
    • The Space Marine Mammal. You're an intelligent space dolphin here to kill everyone. In a robot suit.
      Warning: The Space Marine Mammal enters play as a wicked badass automatically disposed against the other PCs. Its badassery is in tension with its experience — it might learn to get along — but still play it only if you want to deal with that.
    There are also a ton of user-created playbooks. You can find them here. If you think they'll be worthy additions to the game, then you have to justify it to me and everyone.

• edited 2015-01-11 23:54:29
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I need to get food but I kind of want to play ApocWorld so I'm reserving this spot

actually: how is this going to be done, communication-wise?  this will affect how much I want to play
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    We can discuss that. I was planning to just let it be play-by-post. It's a very conversational game, with simple, decisive dice-rolling, and I feel play-by-post doesn't limit this style of game that much.

Of course, voicechat and normal chat are certainly options, but I live in a different timezone, so that's less optimal.
  • I'm fairly interested, I think. Personally, would prefer play-by-post. Not really comfortable with voicechat, though chat-chat might be fine, if we could work out the time stuff. 

I personally can't decide between Hoarder and Hocus. Faceless sounds interesting, but also like it might be a huge hassle. 
  • edited 2015-01-12 02:57:04
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's definitely an R-rated game. But I feel it isn't gratuitous.

Here's my character sheet from my old game, with my old gang. As you can see, I played my Chopper not as your usual Lord Humongous type, but as a chieftain of a Central Asian nomadic clan. These are things you can do. Neat things.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Also, I should point out that the moves on your sheet aren't the only moves you can do. There is a sheet of moves that are available to everyone, that describes inflicting harm, defense, trying to figure things out, things like that.

I will make this sheet available on request.
  • I suppose those moves would go into our Other Moves section on the sheets?

I also think I'm set on Hocus. I'll try to have a sheet up by tomorrow.
    The standard moves? If you want to put them there for reference, go ahead.
    To clarify what each the stats are and what they do, I've updated Ayda's character sheet.

Hx means "history." It is a stat. A special stat that changes depending on who you're using it with.
    I have also figured out how the countdown clock works, and have added it as such.