Is it bad that

the first four words of so many questions asked by heapers.

Comments

• ...are "is it bad that"?
  • IS IT BAD THAT BAD THAT BAD BADNESS BAD
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    Is it bad that I say: "Is it bad that[...]" ?

• BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I'm bad, I'm bad, you know it
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Pyridrym said:

nah
    endless recursion of bad
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I have no patience for "is it bad that." I don't need to ask. I know its bad.

I do it anyway.
  • Is it bat thad
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Is it bad .dat?
    yabba dabba doo
  • Is it bad .dat?

that's not a valid filename
    actually it is, but filenames with spaces in are slightly evil, so
  • i was referring to the question mark

but yes, a trailing space is technically valid but also very, very evil
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I've seen theories that "Program Files" was so named as a way of forcing Windows 95 apps to properly support directory names with spaces...

I've seen theories that "Program Files" was so named as a way of forcing Windows 95 apps to properly support directory names with spaces...

Same, but I can't find anything Raymond Chen said saying that so I doubt it's true.  When asked, he mentioned the difference between programs and program files, not spaces.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yeah, I saw that too.

If nothing else, it's a nice side effect of the naming, since I can imagine developers in 1994-95 ignoring the whole "FAT32 long filename" thing if they thought they could get away with it.
    yeah, when I looked it up I saw comments on his blog saying a lot of Italian programs failed a lot because they had a single word for program files
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I knew Unix people who used to complain mightily about spaces in file names, but then this was also in the late 1990s and early 2000s, when old versions of Solaris and HP-UX without BASH or even a decent ksh were still around...
  • edited 2015-01-08 16:41:37
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    That and interop with PCs and Macs was still considered somewhat below them, because lol Windows 95 and lol System 7/Mac OS 8. People got less derisive about it after Windows XP and Mac OS X were available.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    progrom files

ethnicleansing.exe
  • Well spaces in filenames are pretty standard these days.

But not spaces at the <i>ends</i> of filenames.  That will cause the file to be inaccessible except via 8-character shortened name.
    Ubuntu's screenshot utility, by default, saves images with the date and time for the filename.

Which isn't usually a problem...except it will happily write files with : in the name to an NTFS partition, rendering Windows unable to do anything with them.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    is it bad that hitler
    is dead
    Is it bad that I would hug Cream IRL if I had the chance
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    It could happen. and thx~ ^_^
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

Is it bad that I would hug Cream IRL if I had the chance

:D
  • Cream said:

is it bad that hitler

is dead

yet still venerated by some people for his abhorrent ethnocentrism