I'll never stop being weirded out that the Disney Channel becoming "hip" actually worked

See title
Tagged:

Comments

• We can do anything if we do it together.
    It's the same reason that Archie endured.

The fantasy version of high school that the Disney Channel's shows broadcast are appealing to the pre-teen girls who watch them because that's what they think it would be like to be a teenager.

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    it's just so creepy though
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    When I was a kid I was vaguely fascinated by high school, but only in a "scared shitless" sort of way
  • when i was a kid i read a good number of very alarmist books about gang violence written in the late 80s and early 90s so i was quite sure that I was going to be killed in high school
  • edited 2014-12-23 03:13:48
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    My frame of reference for high school when I was very little was Grease. You know, people who should be on course for their twentieth reunions finishing grad school re-enacting their senior year. :P
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    like seriously, one time when I was still in elementary school we happened to drive by the local high school and I was all, "whoa, that place looks intimidating. It must be like its own bizarre world in there. What could it possibly be like?" and then I felt a darkness around me like evil claws gripping my soul
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I thought teenagers were some weird race that listened to dorky music around the same time. I just didn't understand at all, in large part because I didn't know any...my cousins were about that age and that was it.