Literal Touhou Jesus

13»

Comments

• Bee said:

wouldn't this imply jesus has reached "perceived as fictional" status in the outside world
    From what I understand they aren't supposed to be there. Lucifer's hiding out, and the rest are there because the Stage 1 sheep youkai accidentally started an apocalypse or something.

Or at least that's what I gathered when I saw it before they made an English patch. /hipster
    Bee said:

Yeah I think the idea is that she accidentally acted as "the lamb" to break the seals of Judgment Day. Which makes all the angels think it's apocalypse time even though it's not.

Mumumu/Satan has been hiding out in Gensokyo for long enough to have established a place for herself in the Shinto pantheon though, so this is not a recent development.
    Bee said:

I am not the sort of Christian who is easily offended, but Marisa makes a crack about desecrating icons in the prefight banter here and it's....a little weird to say the least.
    I think it's a Shogun reference. The scene where the captured Europeans have to step on the holy icons or get executed.
    Interesting.
  • It's also possible that it's not deliberately referencing Shogun and Marisa's just trolling as usual.
  • Also one thing that bothers me about Iesua's otherwise fine characterization (better than many nonreligious depictions of Jesus actually), is that she determines Sakuya to be slothful. Which I sort of don't understand.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2014-11-27 22:24:28
    Yeah, I mean, Sakuya doesn't really fit any of the classical deadly sins.

Reimu, amusingly, fits most of them.  Including sloth.
  • I think it may be an issue of translation.

What Iesua scolds her for specifically is standing by her master even though she knows the latter is doing something wrong. This falls at a weird intersection somewhere between sloth and pride and is really more like stubbornness than any of the classical deadlies, but apparently Iesua chews Reimu out about being prideful, and it would seem weird to use the same sin twice.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    As an aside, I will never forgive this game for thinking that red bullets on a red background was a good design choice.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>

i see @fossilmaiden is a web designer for north korea

(north korea is only korea)
  • i read "CTC" as "Cherry Tree Club"
    Second aside: Despite what you might think, the Ex boss isn't a Christian figure. It's Minthe, a naiad who attempted to seduce Hades, getting turned into a sprig of mint by Persephone as a result.
  • The Mysterious Ballerina and her Tree Stump Ghosts
    I can't believe Kochiya Sanae is a fan made character who possibly originated from Christian mythology
    I'm not sure managing to annoy a Greek deity qualifies as "no good". I mean, the Greek gods were kinda petty!
  • I can't believe Kochiya Sanae is a fan made character who possibly originated from Christian mythology

she does canonically have a spellcard named after an event in the Bible (said card is "The Day The Sea Split")
  • The Mysterious Ballerina and her Tree Stump Ghosts
    Well that confirms it!
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    netcraft confirms it: touhou christianity is dying
  • Bee said:

wouldn't this imply jesus has reached "perceived as fictional" status in the outside world
    From what I understand they aren't supposed to be there. Lucifer's hiding out, and the rest are there because the Stage 1 sheep youkai accidentally started an apocalypse or something.

Or at least that's what I gathered when I saw it before they made an English patch. /hipster
    I am not the sort of Christian who is easily offended, but Marisa makes a crack about desecrating icons in the prefight banter here and it's....a little weird to say the least.
    I think it's a Shogun reference. The scene where the captured Europeans have to step on the holy icons or get executed.
    I don't remember that scene. When in Shogun was that?