Gotham is the best Superhero show because it knows it's stupid

2»

Comments

• Do you know how annoying it is to have people always harping on you for talking to yourself too loudly?

It's really annoying.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I frankly don’t think that Nolan's films were worthy enough additions to the pop cultural landscape to justify the havoc they’ve wrecked on it.

They're still fun enough films, though, albeit with the caveats that Sredni alluded to.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    See, the problem with Nolan is one of the things that makes him recognisable, which is that he is ridiculously self-important as a plotter. All of his films are blatantly written to discuss or confront BIG IDEAS, and he neglects or abstracts a lot of the personal interactions that his characters have. His dialogue and character directing aren't bad per se, but they're not as natural as they would be in another director's hands. He gets away with this in stuff like The Prestige because the characters are so intensely duplicitous or enigmatic that the staginess makes sense, but he's not particularly good at naturalistic storytelling—although I don't think he really tries.
  • "Havoc"?  That feels a mite too strong.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    The pop cultural landscape is such a wreck in general I don't think it's worth worrying about
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    It has a character named Dick Lovecraft
  • The only real Batman adaptations are the Adam West show and Batman: the Brave and the Bold