Interest Check/Recruitment Thread: The Bug War of Winter 2014

2»

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Okay, so I'm thinking of doing our first session the weekend after this coming weekend, so I have time to build up the assets I'll need, and you have time to create characters.

In the meantime, feel free to post character ideas/powers/questions whatever, or PM me. Either way is fine. The Whenisgood will go up on friday.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    No rush or anything, but I'm bumping this, at least to put it on the front page.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I was busy with finals this week.

I should be able to start putting together a character this weekend.
    Bump
    Because this question has been asked: our replacement for the armory deck is just choosing whatever six powers you want out of the armorcards pdf. Choose what sounds good, or what will help the stats you want to focus on.
    Bad news guys, looks like our schedules are such that none of us can all be there this weekend. 

I'm gonna try next weekend, or the one after, given how travel-heavy this time of the year is. Remember, all you need is a free hour or two and a completed character to play! I'll be the one with voicechat.
    We probably won't be able to play until the new year, due to my arizona visit.

Feel free to PM me about character stuff, or post it here
  • edited 2014-12-27 04:34:15
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    Panurge said:

There's a relatively weak one-world government as a result of constant invader attacks, but it can pretty easily be strong-armed by the bigger nations or the SPN corporation.

While your game's still in development - what does "world government" mean if stronger nations can twist it around easily?
    I mean like a stronger UN. It can nominally order other nations around and supercede their authority, but individual nations can get pissy and threaten to withdraw.
    Okay everyone, I want to play this weekend, but first I want to know that everyone has their characters together. 
    Okay guys, it looks like Saturday at 6:00 might be the best date. If you want to play please get your character info to me ASAP
    It's cool.
    Decides I should post this

STUFF I NEED FOR CHARACTER SHEETS

Armors:Everyone has given me this

Powers: Pick six armory powers and then calculate your stats. Section and Yarrun have given me this

Stats: Everyone starts with 1 in each stat then you add based on what powers you chose and what armor card you have. Section and Yarrun have given me this.

Name: We have to call your character something! Come up with a name. If you're still having trouble thinking up character concepts, just give me a name and we'll work it out as we go along and as you think of it. Counterclock has given me this
    I'm going to post what I have so far from you guys in the OP and update it as I get information because your characters would know this about each other and we don't have too much overlap
    Okay I have pretty much everything I need, so we're ready to go in about an hour. I'll post a link to the roll20 room 15 minutes before 6:00 PM EST
    https://app.roll20.net/join/558750/EQ6bjA The Roll20 Room is open! Come in and help me get stuff working!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    are spectators allowed?
    Yes
    Okay so thoughts on our first session

*I wasn't well acquainted enough with the rules

*It went a little slow, so I need to figure out ways to speed up the game

*There might have been too many invaders

I'm thinking of getting pages of the pdf to my players so you guys can be better equipped as well. I'm going to go over the rules more to make sure I get them, and see what the fan support for this game is like. Also, important things to note about our session.

1. We did well, but caused a lot of collateral damage, particularly Section's character.
    2. Counterclock got a shiny new crab claw
    3. Alicia has spiderlegs now.

Anyone else have thoughts?
    Crystal asked me if you can only get one new power per session. Here are my thoughts on that.

1. You can rip pieces from enemies in the heat of battle and use them as much as you like. You can also slot them permanently by attaching them to a stat. This means you can only have 4 slotted powers, unless you have ant armor like Crystal does in which case you get a 5th slot. This also means you can't use that power when your stat for it is at 0.

2. Invaders rot away quickly after they die. If we go with the "2 stats reduced to 0 means dead" rules, it might be advantageous to target a beefier stat to get a beefier power instead of a weaker stat.

3. Let's just say that you can take more than one ripped power or slotted power per session, but it's rude to killsteal. So if person A is working hard to get butterfly wings, and person B takes down the monster wings, Person A gets the right to grab the wings, especially if Person B already has a webshooter.
    Yes. Not quite next session, but eventually.
    Just want everyone to know this is still a thing, I just need to get settled back in at school.
  • Should we have an actual discussion thread?
    That's probably a good idea.
    Should I change this thread's title too?
    http://www.whenisgood.net/mt27eyz Here are some possible dates for the next session.
    Bump