Separate Ashens Thread

LWLW
edited 2014-09-07 14:54:21 in General Media
This is a separate Ashens thread for the discussion of Ashens videos and such.

I have nothing else to really say for the moment except that the BeanBoozled video is the only Ashens food video I have started but was unable to finish because of how gross it got and how bad I felt for Ashens and Dan for having to try all of those disgusting flavors. For some reason it had more of an impression on me than all of those questionable foreign packaged foods ones did, maybe because Jelly Belly specifically intended for some of the BeanBoozled bean flavors to be awful rather than just being negligent.

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    oh no, you stole my thread idea!

(i'm just playin')

also, moved to General Media
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    He spat it out and showed it to us.

That's why I can't watch it.
  • TreTre
    edited 2014-09-07 23:14:04
    I watched one video by him a few weeks back that focused around his experience with a piss-poor PS3-shaped "console" with a crappy racing game.

The speaker wasn't even hooked up on the inside of the damned thing.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Fans of goofy 1990s crap should check this one out:

• edited 2014-10-02 19:59:46
    I have a Handy Boy.

My mom thought it was a good idea to prohibit me from playing the GB unless I used that, because the screen was just so tiny.
  • why are ashens videos so interesting
    This is funnier than I expected:

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    omg that!  we have that knife!

and yes, it's a perfectly functional bread knife, and works very well

we have three bread knives, it was the cheapest of the bunch and it's easily the best
    i should add, we've had it for about 5 years now, using it daily, and it's still pretty good
    Incidentally I went to Twin Towers Trading's website and they seem to be referring to themselves as "TT Trading" now, which is a little better I guess?
    At the time we thought that was a sick joke... you know, like, the company is going to 'collapse' any second.

But apparently they still exist, so maybe it's just an unfortunate coincidence?  Maybe in China they're not so aware of what the phrase refers to in English.
    In America, at least, "Twin Towers" used to be used in a lot of different contexts, but after 9/11 it dropped off because people didn't like the associations.

Like there's a pair of water towers not far from here that used to be called "The Twin Towers" in traffic reports, but now it's always "The Twin Tanks".

So my guess would be that they're referring to some other "Twin Towers" besides the World Trade Center, and they didn't bother to change the name because they're not fully aware of what it connotes in the English-speaking world.
    That would make sense...

Now i'm reminded of whoever it was who thought that 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers' was a cynical attempt by New Line to make money off a national tragedy.
  • pfthehehehehehe
    Back to the classics! ^_^

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    ah, good old people throwing off their limbs to attack

The rotten sausages are pretty gross, but the part at the end where he shows us various random items he's vacuum-sealed is quite amusing
  • How does Ashens manage to entertain me long enough to sit through a 15 minute video?  And then watch two more?
  • edited 2015-03-04 14:28:19
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Spoiler:
    I fucking lost it at The Moon being "discovered" in 1651, and subsequent ridiculousness just made me laugh more
    venus was discovered the same year i was born!
    the legend

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

DIE MUTHAFUCKA DIE MUTHAFUCKA STIIIIIILLLLL
    What an absurd little device

This is impressively elaborate, and actually seems to do a decent job as an introduction to (amusingly obsolete) computing.

• TomSka did a sketch with Ashens.

I am now subscribed to Ashens, though I knew I liked his stuff already.
    You know, I wouldn't want to do YouTube as a full-time job, since it seems to be a stressful and unstable way of making a living

But it must be nice to have random companies sending you cool stuff to review