MSNBCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Comments

• Is there a Mr. NBC? (´・ω・`)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    oh there's Andrea Mitchell

who looks like a zombie
  • TreTre
    edited 2014-08-03 02:17:28
    Ever since they changed their wordmark to the lowercase Avenir (?) version I've been calling them something kind of like "missing Bic" with a silent G

MSNBC: Liberal News Channel, Or Disappeared Lighter?

Find Out After Countdown With Keith Olbermann Or Whatever The Hell They Replaced It With Back In 2011 I Dunno

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I watched Countdown and Rachel Maddow religiously back in the day.
    ^^Gotham, not Avenir
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

I watched Countdown and Rachel Maddow religiously back in the day.

I watched it a little bit, but not really regularly.  Enough to still recognize the parody of Countdown in Despicable Me when I watched it, like, last year though.
    ah, NBC Universal and their "corporate synergy"

the perfect way to pretend to be a well-run conglomerate
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Anonus said:

ah, NBC Universal and their "corporate synergy"

the perfect way to pretend to be a well-run conglomerate
    Because, in the end, we are all Beatrice.
    Between Olbermann's new show and fivethirtyeight the ESPN branch of Disney's kind of been getting into politics, hasn't it
    You mean the ESPN branch of ABC Warner and the Hearst Corporation

ESPN does seem to have been embarking on diversification lately; see Grantland
  • edited 2014-08-03 03:47:08
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Lilly said:

Between Olbermann's new show and fivethirtyeight the ESPN branch of Disney's kind of been getting into politics, hasn't it

Olbermann's show itself is mostly just about sports, insofar as I have seen. He was a sports reporter long before he was a political pundit - he was actually one of the original anchors on SportsCenter, if I am not mistaken - and that's always been his real passion, so it's not surprising that that is where he has come to reside. I do miss his wonderfully worded shoutings down of Babylon, however.
  • edited 2014-08-03 03:52:36
    We can do anything if we do it together.

Lilly said:

Olbermann's show itself is mostly just about sports, insofar as I have seen. He was a sports reporter long before he was a political pundit - he was actually one of the original anchors on SportsCenter, if I am not mistaken - and that's always been his real passion, so it's not surprising that that is where he has come to reside. I do miss his wonderfully worded shoutings down of Babylon, however.
    We should also remember that Nate Silver started out as a baseball statistician. In fact, he was one of the chief proponents of sabermetrics before that concept was taken seriously. With that in mind, I can understand why he'd want to be able to do sports coverage again, even if his fame as a political analyst forces him to also keep doing political coverage.
    Well, there's a reason I said "kind of".  I'm not actually familiar with Olbermann's new show, but I have heard it contained a smackdown of a player who beat his wife or something.

FiveThirtyEight has a pretty broad variety of content, too; there's the politics, of course, and the sports, of course (there was actually some sports content on the NYT version of the site as well), but also stuff like the revival of the Burrito Bracket and the advice column where Mona Chalabi answers people's questions about how common things they do or are are.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I think he still does Worst Person in the World, and I'm pretty sure that scandal would fit under the purview.

That sounds interesting actually.