The LGBT Thread

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ^^ Especially the Anonus kind~
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Not that interested in men..
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    True, a lack of cute guys would be rather boring. Ah well, these are the sacrifices we make for PROGRESS.
  • edited 2012-04-11 10:00:43
    BEEFCAKE
    I fell in love with a girl once, I still don't consider myself gay (a husband and child later).  She was just incredible.

There's such an emphasis on being labelled and categorized when it comes to gender/sexuality.  I hope that one day it's just a case of stating your own personal preference.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I'll agree with that.
  • I've grown kinda attached to my label.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Hey. Hey guys.

Chinese is a sexuality now
    I'm Chinese! :D
  • edited 2012-04-17 03:44:38
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yes I can!
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    You're not Barack Obama
    You're not the boss of me! :p
    Yes I am LOL
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    O.o
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa

Oh god, that's why I've been so confused! All this time I thought I was a Chinese lesbian, when I'm really just a Chinese Chinese! It makes so much sense now! :O
    Please refer me by gender neutral terms from now on.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Does singular "they" work for you?
    Yes.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    There have been times recently where I wonder if I'm just gay, which might be stupid of me because I still like women but I don't think about them as much as I used to (I mean biological women, no offense...).

I'm kinda scared of this because I'm worried that people in real life would treat me like a freak.
  • People IRL know I'm gay, they treat me normal.
  • I have decided that my sexuality is courage wolf.

Nobody knows I'm lesbian IRL...yet.

Or maybe I'm just bi.

Wow, my sexuality is really confusing.

Yeah, all the people I've told IRL really don't give a shit.

It's not exactly the easiest thing to figure out.

I didn't figure it out until about a year ago.
  • edited 2012-04-30 22:17:10
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Most of my interaction is with my mother and grandmother, the only family members who know of my bisexuality. They are accepting of it, but I don't know about other people in my area (my grandmother lives in Michigan, and my mother and I live in Colorado).
    Most of my experience comes from the people I know at college.

Of course, being a pretty nerdy college, I suppose it's fairly feasible that the people there don't care if someone's gay, as they themselves are misfits and have been mistreated for fairly trivial reasons before.

Tee hee
    Why do I recognize that person? Where have I seen her before?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Zinnia Jones?

This got posted here before, but I can't remember what thread that was in.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

Zinnia Jones is one of those depressingly common people who thinks they're a pioneering genius all the while spouting off the same old shit everyone's heard before

I particularly enjoy his videos where he's all "if the Bible really IS the inspired word of God, why are bats categorized with birds?" like an ancient desert people are supposed to have figured out modern taxonomy, all the while kicking back with a smug grin expecting the stupid theist's mind to be blown from such a sudden influx of logic

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    That's about on par with a lot of creationist logic, though.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    That's true, no matter what side of the argument you approach it from, you're basically trying to win a race by spinning your wheels in the mud. Unlike Randi or Penn Jillette, Zinnia isn't interested in getting to the truth of the matter, it's all about winning a game of intellectual checkmate against whatever strawman he's talking to inside that webcam of his. 
  • edited 2012-05-09 13:23:11
  • edited 2012-05-09 17:11:37
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    >"if the Bible really IS the inspired word of God, why are bats categorized with birds?" like an ancient desert people are supposed to have figured out modern taxonomy

You're right, this is silly, particularly since it's entirely semantic; the author of that passage was not writing in English and the word translated as "bird" is obviously being used to denote some class of animal which includes bats.  Winged vertebrates, perhaps, although I doubt the ancient Hebrews classified animals by the possession of a backbone, either.

In Zinnia Jones' defence, though, from what I've watched (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a fan - I don't enjoy being ranted at for beliefs I don't even hold, particularly not by a reductivist who apparently feels that drawing attention to a perceived similarity between Insane Clown Posse's "Miracles" and Keats' "Lamia" is an indictment of the former), most of the beliefs and people attacked in those videos are at the very least harmful, if not downright unpleasant, as in the video I linked above.  And it is true that much of the Bible is not compatible with modern science, even if the "bat = bird" thing is a poor example.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Hopefully that'll get him more than enough votes.

I'm very glad he got voted for.

I'm also very disappointed in North Carolina and any jerk who think it's alright to treat others differently because they're gay/etc.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    It's too bad he can't just veto this crap.

You know, my brother had to stop being a Christian because of the homophobia that came from our specific Church. And our specific book.

To say the least, I am under the belief that the ideals of the book should be followed, not every single entry. Those entries, atleast some, are against basic human rights. To follow it to a t would include sexism as is.

It's why I can't just follow its exact words.
    Oh wow, but a bold move or a last throw of a dice by a desperate man?

I doubt it's desperation, honestly. Aside from the fact that the GOP poses no real threat to his re-election, announcing support of gay marriage is more likely to make some people vote against him.
  • It's a 50/48% split, so not really.
  • edited 2012-05-09 17:34:08