The Homestuck Heap of the Heapers' Hangout Forum

Comments

• edited 2013-05-06 21:39:17
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Justice42 said:

Wolfhead apparently has a body attached to it...

A hot body

/furry TMI
  • how can you tell you can barely see it
  • edited 2013-05-08 02:43:58
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Kexruct said:

Idea: To prevent this thread from dying, we design a Problem Sleuth tabletop RPG.

That would be magical.

Also, why am I posting in this thread when I haven't even started this thing yet?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I'm in. I've been doing a lot of RPG stuff lately (mostly because of the new Fate edition).
  • Just saw a Tumblr post where Flare was slowed down by 10%.

It made Flare even better than it already is.
  • ladies and gentlemen i present the best fantroll:

Your name is SAFETY FIRSTT and HOLY SHIT DO YOU EVER LOVE TAKING THE
    PROPER AND NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS BEFORE ENGAGING IN ANY KIND OF
    ACTIVITY. You are SEVEN SWEEPS OLD and your blood is a really weird
    colour that no one thinks is real but hey it helps you get noticed,
    which is always good because then you can ENFORCE THE RULES OF SAFETY
    AND CAUTION ON EVERYONE AROUND YOU WITHOUT BEING IGNORED.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Man, he totally stole my horns
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    his blood is either school bus yellow or blaze orange :lol:
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Funny, I thought of that obnoxious hi-vis-vest color first:

Not sure what you'd call that...I see it referred to as "lime green", presumably by people who have never seen a lime.
    "Fluorescent yellow/green" is what I've heard before. "Day-Glo yellow" or "fluorescein yellow" work, too.
    It's also pretty close to tholluxth's color...
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I was thinking that, too. I'm not sure how "Rare" that blood color would really be, but he'd still likely be a low-blood.
  • I think the rarity of blood colors actually has more to do with brightness than hue; the stated unique blood colors are Karkat's mutant red (replacing a green hue between Sollux and Nepeta), Kanaya's jade green, and Feferi's tyrian purple.
  • It bothers me when people write Cronus as having actual identity issues. Literally the entire point of his character is that he’s a privileged little douche with a victim complex who pretends to be nice. His character is designed around the idea of him facing absolutely no struggle, but pretending that he does.
  • edited 2013-05-16 22:05:09

you vwanna go punk?
  • i'll hawve you know that according to the vwiki my issues are only "vwery possibly" feigned.
  • I have no idea who I should RP to respond to this.
    Kexruct said:

I have no idea who I should RP to respond to this.

Kankri seems like the obvious choice...
  • Kexruct said:

I have no idea who I should RP to respond to this.

Kankri seems like the obvious choice...
    1. I could never do Kankri justice (pun unintended)
    2. I don't think Kankri would disagree with Cronus.
  • IIRC in the comic there was a dry joke of the fact that Kankri stuck up for Cronus's specious issues while brushing off Porrim's much more real ones.

However, I spent as little time on Openbound as possible, so i might be remembering wrong.
    Naney said:

IIRC in the comic there was a dry joke of the fact that Kankri stuck up for Cronus's specious issues while brushing off Porrim's much more real ones.

However, I spent as little time on Openbound as possible, so i might be remembering wrong.

Point.
  • Naney said:

IIRC in the comic there was a dry joke of the fact that Kankri stuck up for Cronus's specious issues while brushing off Porrim's much more real ones.

Yep.

Kankri isn't really an accurate Social Justice guy, though. From what I've seen, most of them are really pissy people.
  • pris·sy  

/ˈprisē/
    Adjective
    1. (of a person or their manner) Fussily and excessively respectable.
    2. (of clothes) Overadorned with details such as ruffles and bows.
    Day 24 with no update, Homestuck fandom has resorted to personifying the update and turning it into a stripper.
  • Naney said:

Not to mention Mituna's issues.

The most concise summary of Homestuck.

Naney said:

The most concise summary of Homestuck.
    I had to think about it for a second, but that's hilarious.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Took me about a minute.
    I actually remembered [S] Jack: Ascend, so it made sense to me. :D
  • Can we talk about this for a moment because I think a lot of people miss the point when it comes to Kankri.

Hussie is not making fun of people who believe in social justice.
    What Hussie is making fun of is people who do not practice what they
    preach. We’ve all seen those people on tumblr: “don’t be racist except
    against this group of people”, things like that. Hussie is making fun of
    hypocrisy within social justice and people who want to be allowed to argue their points and beliefs but refuse to let you do the same.
    The social justice that Hussie is poking fun at is NOT the people who
    are having educated debates and who are both passionate and yet level
    headed, he’s mocking those who hide behind a ‘social justice’ shield in
    order to act as if their opinion is more valid and that anyone who says
    otherwise is scum. People who you can’t have a normal debate with
    because every single thing triggers them, people who take on the holier than thou attitude and feel they need to educate the lesser minds.

Think of it this way: how many vegan posts have you seen calling
    people who eat meat murders, or saying that they should all die? Now,
    how many of those people do you think would be willing to hear your
    opinions on the matter and react in a polite, educated manner? Not too many. That is the side of social justice that Hussie is poking fun at, not social justice itself.

Now, on to Kankri himself! Wow what a great character, what a cutie
    patootie, wow he’s so passionate. But sometimes, actually often times,
    he comes off passionate in the entirely wrong way. Now why is this?
    Well, let’s look at Kankri’s back story a bit!

Kankri comes from a society where ‘culling’ basically meant ‘you’re incapable of tending to yourself so you need the rest of the world to do it for you’. As a mutant blood, he was treated like a pet, a lesser being who had no opinions or ideas of his own. That was how the main populace saw him. See where this is going? If you don’t, I’ll elaborate a bit more.

In order to get rid of this stigma and to prove he is not simply a
    pet for other trolls to feed and coo over and dote on and stare at in
    wonder, much the way people do at zoos, Kankri created a personality for
    himself that pretty much defies the entire stereotype. Does he go about
    it wrong? Yes, he often does. But who else does this? Karkat! Karkat,
    also a mutant blood, tried to defy the stereotypes of living less years,
    being physically weaker, and an all around waste of space by pouring
    his all into making himself seem like the strong leader type. Anything
    Karkat views as weak is instantly treated negatively, especially during
    his younger years.

They’re simply compensating to get past the stereotypes their society has placed on them.

In conclusion, Hussie is not anti-social justice and Kankri is not
    just a clever ploy to make fun of social justice members. Thank you and
    have a nice day.

• also this is rad

Yes.
    Hahaha I almost lost it at > VILLAINOUS LAUGHTER: HAPPEN.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    I honestly cannot see any appeal in Caliborn as a character. Makes me feel like the guy popping balloons at a birthday party.
  • Caliborn's kind of an invitation for Hussie to do the kind of self-aggrandizing stuff that's characterized his later work on Homestuck. Not really a fan of him, even if his speech patterns are close to mine.

Still, Manga drawing manual, good joke.
  • edited 2013-06-12 22:34:30
    Pizza Dog
    Homestuck cool.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Homestuck just gave a better, more brutal critique of itself, in canon, than any detractor probably ever has. XD
  • can we change the name of the thread
  • edited 2013-06-13 00:15:02

I honestly cannot see any appeal in Caliborn as a character.

he's really terrible and awful and inhuman and strange.

so yeah i like him for that.
  • also dave is cherub shakespeare

I totally didn't think of today's date until I checked my tumblr dash.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Yarrun said:

Caliborn's kind of an invitation for Hussie to do the kind of self-aggrandizing stuff that's characterized his later work on Homestuck. Not really a fan of him, even if his speech patterns are close to mine.

Still, Manga drawing manual, good joke.

The thing is, there's no finesse to it whatsoever. Hussie has shown the ability to plot massive stories with crisscrossing timelines and recurring motifs that change meaning on the context while still leaving room for interpersonal drama, and yet he still feels the need to create a character whose joke boils down to "This is stupid. You're stupid. I'm stupid."

To me, it feels like Hussie doesn't want people getting too invested in the story, so he comes up with these stupid distractions and riffs on his old work to remind you that what you're reading is silly. It's not a feeling I appreciate, really.
    Okay, why is the art in HOMOSUCK reminding me so strongly of Hyperbole and a Half?
  • edited 2013-06-14 01:14:07

proper update
  • fucking damnit the glitch effects in the music were done with dBlue Glitch it's immediately recognizable and killed my suspension of disbelief