The Homestuck Heap of the Heapers' Hangout Forum

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    If I skipped anything during my intitial binge, it was usually the chatlogs. Because reading is for squares.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I think the only thing I actually skipped was part of "[S] YOU THERE. BOY." because I didn't realise there was an outdoor segment on my first read through.

I kinda skimmed The Complacency of the Learned on first reading, but read it properly the second time through and realised it was actually pretty funny.
  • edited 2012-01-26 20:49:18
    It's 4:20 somewhere.
    ^^Said the user with the Twilight Sparkle avatar.

Anyway, it must be impossible to look at the latest pages without thinking of Portal.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    That actually fits really, really well.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    the awesome pile doesnt stop from getting taller
    By the way, I listened to Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido earlier, and it's quite good. 
    I like "Dawn of Man".
  • It's mesmerizing to watch Roxy on the l8est page.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Someone should make a Homestuck mod for Portal.
    So I've been trying to piece together what the active/passive pairs for the classes are. Thief and rogue were said to be such. I think knight and page are another example, and prince and heir. After that it gets a little tougher to place. Gun to my head, I'd go with maid and bard, mage and witch, and seer and sylph. Also, the classes so far are divided exactly along gender lines.
  • edited 2012-01-29 09:36:57
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm re-reading the white-text recap, and I know what Vriska's meddling reminds me of. On the original NES version of Super Mario Bros., the pause button worked on either controller, even if you weren't playing a two-player game. So it was possible for someone to mess with you by pausing the game at inopportune moments and throwing off your timing.
    And now I'm playing through [S] Kanaya: Return to the core, and I really want to see Eridan die painfully and messily. What a devilfucking douchebag. >:P
    Why not skip forward to the 3x showdown combo?
    Also also also: I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before, and if I have, I think it fell on deaf ears (or got lost in the bluh-bluhing-bluhed-bluh of the MSPA thread), but: Doc Scratch reminded me quite a bit of The Wolf from Pulp Fiction when the [o] intermission began. 
    Fourier: Oh, I would, but I actually kind of like the survival-horror thing Karkat and Sollux go through while they're trying to piece together what happened. And Terezi's "investigation" is kind of cute, in a morbid sort of way.
    Yeah, that whole arc is pretty excellent, even if it has two of my least favourite moments in succession.  (Involving a bow snapped in half and a ventilation shaft.)
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    It was a waste of two good characters. Regardless of what Hussie thought of them.image
  • Aw.

I really want to see Eridan die painfully and messily. What a devilfucking douchebag.

Mm, agreed. Even his torso is sick of him.

Because of time travel and death bubbles, and all that other nonsense, Nepeta never stopped being a character. It's just that she's now more irrelevant than ever.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's interesting, because Nepeta would probably have been my favorite troll if she was actually relevant at all.
  • edited 2012-01-29 18:46:55
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

They're aliens. 

They were also playing the game, albeit, a different session. 
  • Nepeta was adora8le.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

I understand that she was a bunch of fan-girl cliches tied together, but somehow Hussie's writting seemed to make it work.

Though the fan-art and contributions always makes things like ten times more awesome. I guess her contributions to the actual story are pretty limited, but the fans have done a good job of fleshing out her personality.
    If the fans have so much fun with their non-canon interpretations, does it matter that much that she isn't featured in the story anymore? Anyway, I'm not really sad so much as disappointed at some of the character deaths, because I'm sort of interested in seeing how they might have been developed and how certain relationships get played out. On the other hand, we see enough of that already, and 4+12+4+1 kids makes it kind of crowded.
  • edited 2012-01-29 19:37:56
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
  • I miss Vriska.
  • edited 2012-01-29 21:26:56
    haven: HE MUST WORK OUT :(

Speaking of which, there used to be a picture of Eridan dressed up as one of the LMFAO guys on skaia.net someplace, and now I can't find it. I get the feeling it was deleted due to people bitching in the comments. :P
  • squiddle: Even hopesploding the matrior8? ::::o

That was decidedly uncute to me. Shame on you, Eridan.
  • edited 2012-01-30 11:45:07
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Fly, Pupa! Flyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
    That was a little too disturbing to consider cute, way I see it.
  • I thought it was cute when she dressed in the fairy outfit and had him fly a rocket car through her window though.
    That scene wasn't cute at all, but it was hilarious.
  • Vriska looked cute dressed as a fairy and Tavros looked cute dressed as Pupa Pan.
    I never really thought of Vriska as cute, tbh, beyond the fact that the basic art style makes all the troll kids look kinda cuddly.

Tavros is cute, in a pathetic sort of way, but I just felt kinda sorry for him there.
  • You don't think I'm cute? *pout*

Kidding. I did think she looked awfully cute sleeping on a pile of 8roken 8 8alls dressed in a fairy outfit. (Though they all look cute when sleeping 8ecause of the art style.)
  • edited 2012-01-30 15:59:40
    By the way: Day 1025 is this Thursday. I'm fully expecting something awesome to happen this week.
  • Update. ...fncysntakind actually makes an appearance. Didn't see that coming.
    Dirk makes me laugh.
  • JPEG artifacts in a tattoo.

I love it.
    I just realized that the description of Rainbow Dash as "spunky" likely means Hussie has been made aware of at a minimum some of her characterization. I find this entertaining.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Dirk strikes me as the kind who would avoid tattoos and say "Don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari."
    I guess that means he's being subversive.