Voice Actors

edited 2014-06-10 22:13:49 in General Media
So, yeah, got any favorites?

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I was always fond of E.G. Daily...

And June Foray is totes awesome.
  • Billy West, because Futurama and Rayman (the games, though-- his work in the TV series isn't the best)

John DiMaggio, for Adventure Time, Futurama and a bunch of other stuff

JG Quintel from Regshow (he's Mordecai, and the best part is that he uses his natural voice for him)

and Laura Bailey, who kills it in Soul Eater and inFamous
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Oddly, it's the "lesser" roles that tend to endear me to certain voice actors

Jeff Bennett always does good work, but somehow he really got me with Kowalski from The Penguins of Madagascar
    Also, incidentally, he voices Lieutenant Pug in 101 Dalmatians: The Series and he's one of the only good characters in that show (even though the fans hate him)

Also, Tara Strong is famously talented and nailed Spot's emotional volatility and neurotic nature. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to remember doing this show at all, and the nerd attention she gets right now is probably going to diminish once MLP:FIM ends its run. :/
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    She's Tara Strong.

She's in everything.

That's Tara Strong? Dang

Also, what I find interesting is how she played Omi in Xiaolin Showdown and the Ember Island Player Aang in Avatar: The Last Airbender
  • Kari Wahlgren and Steve Blum are my favorites.
  • edited 2014-06-10 23:11:04
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    the chick that voiced azula, the chick that voiced bubbles, the chick who voices female 1 in saints row the third / IV, that chick who voiced femshep
    Laura Bailey was great in Nier, as was Jamieson Price and Liam O' Brien.

the chick that voiced azula

Grey DeLisle-Griffin

the chick that voiced bubbles

Kath Soucie in the original shorts, Tara Strong in the series and further media

the chick who voices female 1 in saints row the third / IV, that chick who voiced femshep

?
  • edited 2014-06-10 23:15:47
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    laura bailey and jennifer fucking hale stupid shit don't you use google
    I should have googled...
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    it's okay you're still my favorite cockwhore <3

laura bailey and jennifer fucking hale stupid shit don't you use google

Don't be a dick, Manly McMacho
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    you're so cute when you don't know what you're talking about odie <3
    McMacho, I do enjoy your brand of shitposting, but can you please not hijack this thread with it?
  • Anonus said:

I should have googled...

I don't think she was actually mad; I think she was just messing with you in her uniquely McMacho way.

• edited 2014-06-10 23:26:45
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    sure, do remind me to knock it off when I actually start hijacking this thread kthxbai :3

but since that was basically anonus for "fuck off" I shall take my leave. I bid you all adieu~
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Laura Bailey.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tre said:

JG Quintel from Regshow (he's Mordecai, and the best part is that he uses his natural voice for him)

He does have a nice voice.

I could be boring and say Steve Blum or Mel Blanc Sr. or Jr. for their utter versatility as voice actors, but in terms of timbre and style I really like Chris Patton and, for totally different reasons, Hynden Walch.

Partly because I imagine on of the vilest characters in the thing I've been writing talking in the latter's voice, with a slight Niçoise accent.
  • edited 2014-06-11 03:19:32
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    OH also Coach McArcher k bai
  • edited 2014-06-11 03:29:18
    Hynden Walch did a surprisingly good job playing a vicious nature goddess in Kid Icarus Uprising.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    For the reason above, I can imagine that.