Very Hard Games Thread

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.

This game has a really cool atmosphere, but anybody who can beat it is clearly a god
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    I will watch that tomorow with Miko I think :O
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Not as good as Actraiser 1, but a good game, I feel.
    yeah, ActRaiser is pretty tough too.
  • The main game in Spacechem wasn't THAT bad.  God help you if you try ResaerchNet though.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    but anybody who can beat it is clearly a god
    As an avid fan of shmup super-plays, I am always skeptical when someone says something like this. Speaking of which, if someone can name a "hardest game ever" that isn't by Cave and isn't shitty, I will be very interested.
  • kill living beings
    i have one thing mission to do in luftrausers and i'm never going to do it

it's like a shmup but without patterns
    Miko said:

As an avid fan of shmup super-plays, I am always skeptical when someone says something like this.
    no it's completely tr00
  • edited 2014-06-09 14:39:05
    (flower path)
    the only shmup superplayer who I think may be more than human is VTF-INO of the "1 player controlling 2 ships" Ikaruga superplay fame.
  • Miko said:

As an avid fan of shmup super-plays, I am always skeptical when someone says something like this. Speaking of which, if someone can name a "hardest game ever" that isn't by Cave and isn't shitty, I will be very interested.
    shmups are bad because they don't have FOV sliders

• Miko said:

shmups are bad because they don't have FOV sliders

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Wilhelm said:

the only shmup superplayer who I think may be more than human is VTF-INO of the "1 player controlling 2 ships" Ikaruga superplay fame.

That is some amazing stuff.

Miko said:

As an avid fan of shmup super-plays, I am always skeptical when someone says something like this.
    no it's completely tr00
    If you insist, then I am interested. ^_^ Is it on par with/tougher than Battletoads? Also, is it a good game?

i have one thing mission to do in luftrausers and i'm never going to do it

it's like a shmup but without patterns

I like the art style. The gameplay looks similar to Diadra Empty.

• kill living beings
    a lot of the gameplay is in how you move - unlike shmups i've seen you're subject to gravity, and can only move in one direction (the one you're pointing in)
    Gravity changes things a lot, yes.
  • edited 2014-06-09 17:18:34

wtf how is this game even playable with the torch
    If you insist, then I am interested. ^_^ Is it on par with/tougher than Battletoads? Also, is it a good game?
    It would be good if it were less difficult, in my opinion.

As for Battletoads, that one's reputation has kept me from ever even trying it.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I found Super Mario Galaxy to be hard.
  • edited 2014-06-10 10:19:37
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

wtf how is this game even playable with the torch

TAS, but, sssshhhhhhh
    Aliroz said:

I have doubts that any other Mario game is nearly as tough as The Lost Levels.
  • kill living beings
    god, the lost levels fucked up my childhood. level design was way more creative than the first game, in that i couldn't figure out how to get past this particular screenlong void, i think
    trampoline
  • Just did the Hard mode boss rush on Ys: Oath in Felghana.  Galbalan's entire second phase is incredibly cheap and I'm dreading that fight on Nightmare/Inferno.
  • Galbalan's entire third phase was basically insult upon injury, after the second phase.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

god, the lost levels fucked up my childhood. level design was way more creative than the first game, in that i couldn't figure out how to get past this particular screenlong void, i think

More than one of the levels is multiple screen length voids which you have to cross with single block sized trampolines. Good times, good times.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    I don't know how I did it but when I was a kid I beat Lost Levels a bunch of times. I even got to World 9 a couple of times
    But there are still worlds A through D, for which you have to clear the game eight times or something. There is no end to that game's insanity.
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    In Wizardry, mazes are insane.
    And you can easily die on your first encounter.
    I beat Lost Levels (including A through D) but only by savestating a ton
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Aliroz said:

the perfect run
    Byakuren said:

In Wizardry, mazes are insane.
    And you can easily die on your first encounter.

Wizardry is probably the hardest non-roguelike RPG in existence. :D