Why does Iceman need a parka if he is a robot built to deal with the cold

edited 2014-06-08 10:53:17 in General
eFDsFj8.gif

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    the cold never bothered him anyw--*shot*
  • My dreams exceed my real life

The parka is part of the design, of course.

Fireman doesn't wear a tank top and shorts!
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Because he's a civic robot meant to embody the idea of cold.

Wily didn't create him, Light did. Wily just stole Coldman.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I'm reminded of how lame almost everything in Mega Man 1 is.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Oh my goodness he's one pixel away from having the SBaHJ mouth.
  • Miko said:

I'm reminded of how lame almost everything in Mega Man 1 is.

You dare insult the fear-inducing power of Gutsman?!'s booty
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    If he is on the right, he is a pushover. If he moves to the left, he is Fake Difficulty Man. Lame.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Mega Man 1 has that "fight your own clone" part which is also quite lame
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I like Megaman 1.

Yeah, I'm not even surprised at this turn of events anymore.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

I like Megaman 1.

Yeah, I'm not even surprised at this turn of events anymore.

It is a good and revolutionary game that broke new ground, launched the console career of an industry titan, created one of videogame's most enduring characters, gave players an unprecedented level of freedom in progression, and became the blueprint for many, may Mega-Man games to come.

It just doesn't hold up as well as Mega-Man 2
  • What Odradek said. It's rough around the edges, but I still find the game enjoyable to this day. I have to say I think they aged pretty well personally.

Also Mega Man 3 is best NES game.
  • Mega Man 4-6 are best

well, except for that one little thing that's the fact that charge shot covers up the music a bit

otherwise, they are the best

that said

I actually liked the "fighting your clone" thing in Mega Man 1.
  • I disagree with you there Glenn. Especially about 5. I just felt that 5 was rather bland asides from music.

GB V on the other hand is freakin win.
  • 4, 5, and 6 all had basically the same gameplay

and they were the best because of it

well, they could have improved on robot master design and such

so let's put the fangame Mega Man Unlimited up there with 4, 5, and 6
  • edited 2014-06-08 17:06:34
    My list is more 2, 3 & 9. I feel the level designs of those games were of higher quality and I feel the weapons were more useful despite being Game Breakers in the case of 2 and 9.

Unlimited had some problems that kept me from fully enjoying, but it is a well-made fan game.
  • edited 2014-06-08 17:17:53
    crash problems or bugs, i'm guessing?  that sucks...it's probably the best Mega Man fangame out there, as good as the best Mega Man games themselves in my opinion.

i haven't played 8, 9, or 10, or &Bass (other than a little bit), fwiw, but i have played and (using savestates or fairly) beaten 1-7

the best MM games are among the ones with the slide, which automatically excludes 1, 2, 9, and 10, because dodging boss patterns is a really fun thing to do

4-6 had better music and level design than 3
    7...felt weird for some reason
    8 i haven't played so i can't really say, but it gives off a similar vibe as 7

boss patterns and special weapons in 5 and 6 especially may be kinda lame
    but the rest of the games make up for it
  • challenge: try to beat mega man 5 using only special weapons (after acquiring your first one)
  • Nah, more of design problems than that like limited checkpoints for one. Something about it doesn't click fully with me, still fun.

I can see where you're coming from with 4 and 6. I did feel the bosses of 5 were way too easy even without weaknesses. Then again, I feel 5 as whole was really easy so...

I like all the Mega Man musics, where does that put me?

I don't mind 7 too much, it had one of my favorite soundtracks to it, and I got used to its bigger sprite/hitbox. Have you tried Rockman 7 FC then?

All in all, I suppose we like our Mega Man in slightly different ways.
  • But Power Stone suuuuuucks. D:
  • well, Mega Man series music tends to be pretty awesome on the whole anyway, so that makes you...wait, who the heck are you anyway?  are you acererak/eelektross/alduin/etc.?  well at least you like mega man music so you're cool

i have played Rockman 7 FC, and it just feels more right than actual MM7, lol.  i guess the 8-bit-ness made for easier precision jumping and stuff.  also, they did some weird changes, like making charge shot only deal 2 damage, and making the uncharged pea-shooter literally sound like shooting dried peas

also, the one time i tried doing that challenge, i actually found power stone vaguely useful for hitting things from an angle or through walls
  • I will never tell my identity. :P

It's pretty fun, there's also a Rockman 8 FC. I think it's pretty challenging.

So I guess even Power Stone can be somewhat useful in rare situations.
    I think that 1 is poorly executed all around, 2 is more fun but still has cheap, annoying designs in it, 3 and 4 are a lot better and fixed the momentum and added sliding, but 3 has a very weird difficulty balance and both have a bit of the usual BS, 5 is okay but the second half is like a rush job, 6 is just... annoying, 7 has too many obscure secrets but is not bad, 8 is okay but I wish they didn't change the physics, and 9 and 10 are both awesome.