Rosalina does NOT belong in Smash Bros

edited 2014-06-06 16:24:42 in General
She breaks the trend of deep, well realized, characters the Mario games are known for.

Comments

• by that logic, neither should Mario himself
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Tre said:

by that logic, neither should Mario himself

No, you don't GET the subtle nuances of his mustache 
  • These?

Ah, yes. Such nuance. Much moustache.
    Yes
  • also, inb4 Ridley is juxtaposed with Solar System
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Odradek said:

She breaks the trend of deep, well realized, characters the Mario games are known for.

but did anyone ever say this though

in all seriousness
    Tachyon said:

Odradek said:

but did anyone ever say this though

in all seriousness
    Nah.

People who whine about Rosalina being in Smash Bros generally don't provide a reason.
  • tbh I can't really name any Mario characters who I'd describe as 'deep' and 'well realized'

except Luigi, because Luigi
    her character design seems kind of similar to Peach... I don't suppose Daisy's in the game, and she at least looks different

if she's good gameplay-wise i really don't care though
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Tre said:

tbh I can't really name any Mario characters who I'd describe as 'deep' and 'well realized'

except Luigi, because Luigi
    Mario has the deepest lore.

You're all plebs
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I'd much rather have Rosalina in Smash Bros. than the Baby Marios. The Baby Marios are terrible and have no right to exist.

Of course, I think Rosalina is pretty cool regardless, so
    Baby Marios, plural?
  • you won't find adobe here in nairobi
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Why did these developers decide to make Carmen Sandiego with Mario characters pasted over the top anyway? It seems like a very weird business decision to make.

I guess it's the whole "Popular thing + Other popular thing = MORE POPULAR THING = $$$" mentality, but still.
  • edited 2014-06-06 20:36:47
    Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    This one has deeper loreimage
  • edited 2014-06-06 21:18:31
    A. Mario has the deepest lore.
    B. IKWSTTBIECON
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    what is that picture of, like, Wario with the Devil
  • does anyone else look at that picture of Bowser's go-kart from the back and see a face
  • kill living beings
    yeah