The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    that's lit-ra-chuss not lit-ra-choose btw

was like a mangling of the word to fit the rhyme scheme

shut up i know what i'm doing
  • Tachyon said:

corn chips

i have four bags of this now
    that's a reLIE of course

u can reLIE on me

ohohohohohohohohohohohhohohohohohoohhohohohohohohohohohohohohhohohohohohohohohohohohhohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoohohohohohohohohhohohohohohohohohohohoohhohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohhohoitsabirdfrompokemon
    the knowledge was a lie

not the chipses
    computer chips
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    we are the crystal gems

we'll always save the day
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    and if you think we can't

we'll always find a way
    that's why the people of this world believe in

Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl
    and Steven!
  • Tachyon said:

the knowledge was a lie

not the chipses

but the chips are a lie

for they are crisps
  • edited 2015-06-06 22:02:51
    840 smoke weed every half day
    1680 smoke weed every 6 hours
  • 1260 smoke weed every 8 hours
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    720 ride a bus every day
  • fuck you

why do the ukrainian people have to suffer just because of your fucking hatred of the west and hiding behind territorial sovereignty and other bullshit

why

WHY

Gm...Cm7...F...BbM7...Eb...Am7b5...D???
  • there does not exist a way to express that kind of emotional intensity in words
  • So, going out picking up all those flyers was a little like the first Sector 1 mission in Metroid Fusion.

I was going around to building (SR-388 habitat room) after building (SR-388 habitat room), stopping in each building (SR-388 habitat room) to take down the flyers (remove the X-parasite from the infested fans).

Near the end of it, I stopped at a music room (boss room), and then I spent some time not taking down flyers (removing X-parasites from infested fans) but instead playing a piece of piano music (beating the boss).

Then after that I sharpened six pencils (got some powerups or other important path-opening stuff done), and resumed my route to take down the remaining flyers (remove the X-parasites from the remaining infested fans), and now I'm back at my home base (a navigation room).
  • a safe space for conducting stupid feuds, using insistent terminology, and blowing every conflict out of proportion into a political war of epic proportions
  • i think the "tinkerer" vs. "experiencer" division is a meaningful division among gaming desires/habits

note that i did not say "among gamers" -- a gamer can have one desire for a given game and another desire for another game.
  • Pearl-elemental magic
  • I actually don't really mind that they changed "Holy" to "Pearl".

The Holy spell actually uses a lot of white spheres.  (Which is probably why they changed the name.)

And it's also kinda more unique to have a spell called Pearl than a spell called Holy.
  • edited 2015-06-07 10:55:20
    Same reason that Atma is better than Ultima.

Ultima sounds generic.

Atma sounds unique.  Also it sounds a little like "atomic".
  • how to decode japanese

1. isolate the kanji

2. plug them into the SAPI5 TTSAPP

3. have Microsoft Tracy Desktop read the words in Cantonese

4. if there's any ambiguity left, take a reasonable guess and/or make use of Wiktionary and Google Translate
  • the difference between projecting oneself into a fictional setting and projecting the fictional setting onto oneself

#gpom
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Panurge said:

can never get over how much scrolling

one day i will probably read rand and be suitably pissed off

maybe

i say i will do all kinds of things 'one day'
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    tl;dr
  • are individualism and compassionateness negatively correlated?  discuss.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    AN EXCITING MEAL HAS BEEN RUINED BY THE PRESENCE OF THIS...THIS 

LIQUID
    FILTH
    lego is an uncountable noun and nobody will convince me otherwise

i have never ever ever heard anyone call them legos irl

are individualism and compassionateness negatively correlated?  discuss.

that sounds like a question that can only be answered empirically, not by discussion
    Tachyon said:

my experience as a Yank is exactly the opposite
    oh
    Stuart Ashen once joked that that's where Americans put the "s" from the end of "maths"
    where did he get the 's' on the end of his name?
  • Tachyon said:

CHECKMATE, ASHENISTS
    It's kinda funny; in his reviews, he's mostly just himself presenting various low-quality products, but in his movie he's actually playing a character named "Ashens"
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Tachyon said:

it's the S of his first name, I think?
    Today's late night early morning why am i still up thoughts:

I originally tried to get into reading Less Wrong because it seemed a lot like what i perceived academia to be except it was free and on the internet and in blog format, and also:
    • i was a young troper with a very narrow view of the world
    • i went through a brief 'angry atheist' phase and the people citing Less Wrong were often the same ones ranting about creationism in IJBM
    • the people citing Less Wrong used variables and symbols and other things that rendered their posts incomprehensible to me, and a lot of jargon that i didn't understand, so for a while i saw citations of Less Wrong as a kind of proof of intellect on TVT and i wanted to understand and be like these smart people
    • i had never encountered actual philosophy before and at the time my only exposure to it was Rottweiler attempting to justify Islamophobic, homophobic and heteronormative statements by way of vague allusions to Plato, Hume, Hobbes and for some reason Nietzsche

Then i ended up not reading very much of it and hearing bad things about it, and then i went to university and discovered that actual academia wasn't very much like Less Wrong anyway.

• spoiler alert everything is just like less wrong this is a Computer Ruse Aimed 2 Confuse Youse
    Beezus was invited to the Princess's Tea Party but did not show up until the next day

Can you figure out why?

(Solution tomorrow!)
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
  • naney said:

spoiler alert everything is just like less wrong this is a Computer Ruse Aimed 2 Confuse Youse

reality is the internet but slower
  • edited 2015-06-09 12:17:21
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    Stand clear of the horse, the horse are now closing.
    Tachyon said:

lego is an uncountable noun and nobody will convince me otherwise

I swear, they're tryna contain me.
    Of all the things Rottweiler did, the one I understand the least is calling himself an empiricist.
    Panurge said:

Of all the things Rottweiler did, the one I understand the least is calling himself an empiricist.

iirc it was an attempt to simultaneously claim an intellectual tie to Berkeley (i seem to remember him once telling atheists that the ball had been in their court ever since) and at the same time claim a link with rational, analytical and scientific discourse as opposed to those wishy-washy continentals who are only fashionable for political reasons, e.g. Heidegger, Foucault, Lacan
    To be fair, Rottweiler was still more intellectually credible than Less Wrong's favorite political thinkers, because at least he wasn't openly a nazi.
    well, yes, there is that

in my defence, back on TVT i hadn't heard of Moldbug

or anyone even tangentially connected with that community besides Yudkowsky himself, really
    Tachyon said:

well, yes, there is that

in my defence, back on TVT i hadn't heard of Moldbug

or anyone even tangentially connected with that community besides Yudkowsky himself, really

He wasn't A Thing until recently.