The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Cinnamon, the worst of spices, the demon spice from whence evil springs.
  • such as carrots and rabbits and lettuce
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

The state of the discoure, Discorsia, has been invaded by rogue Canadian weasels. Are you a dad enough dude to liberate Discorsia?
  • I refuse to liberate the state of the discoure.
    A man who writes about horses: Buck Tingle
    A man who writes about chickens: Cluck Tingle
    A man who writes about waterfowl: Duck Tingle
    A man who writes about old literature: Huck Tingle
    A man who writes about gambling: Luck Tingle
    A man who writes about cleaning: Muck Tingle
    A man who writes about the fae: Puck Tingle
    A man who writes about ecumenical matters: Tuck Tingle
    A man who writes about disgusting habits: Yuck Tingle
    A man who writes about erotica: Chuck Tingle
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    E ryda socamv yht E fyhd du tea

E fyhd du tea cu pyt E fyhd du lrub uv so vehkanc uha po uha yht cdivv dras tufh dra tnyeh E vilgehk ryda ruf vilgehk tisp E ys E ryda ed E ryda ed E ryda ed E ys dra funcd

Vilgehk gemm sa
    E femm cmed so ufh drnuyd duhekrd pid E tuh'd ryja dra pymmc

E ys y nadyntat ahdedmat cbank yht ed ec ymm so ufh vyimd yht E cruimt cmed so drnuyd frema dra funmt lmybc yd so taydr
    E fyc vilgehk meat du

• why do i group Happy Gilmore, Forrest Gump, and Good Will Hunting in my head

i think for some reason they all conjure up images of a guy sitting on a park bench in a lightly wooded park

Happy Gilmore doesn't quite as much as the other two probably because i've actually seen the movie and know what it's about, unlike the other two (I know nearly nothing of FG and all I know of GWH is that it's about a janitor at MIT)
  • I haven't seen good will hunting but I respect it for being the only hollywood movie about graph theory
  • i just now googled "eleventy" hoping to find a knowyourmeme page regarding the use of "eleventy" as a further-extended way of mocking the use of excessive exclamation points

but instead i found a bunch of search results mentioning Bilbo Baggins

so i just now discovered that it probably originates from Lord of the Rings

...shows you how much i paid attention to the words said in the movies
  • edited 2016-09-28 02:57:19

why do i group Happy Gilmore, Forrest Gump, and Good Will Hunting in my head

i think for some reason they all conjure up images of a guy sitting on a park bench in a lightly wooded park

Happy Gilmore doesn't quite as much as the other two probably because i've actually seen the movie and know what it's about, unlike the other two (I know nearly nothing of FG and all I know of GWH is that it's about a janitor at MIT)

oh also, another movie that has a similar name and thus feel, which i know nothing about: The Green Mile

I think it's "titles that suggest greenery and include words that begin with G"

also the fact that men on park benches is an incredibly common thing in movies
  • oh holy shit no wonder

Forrest Gump's poster image and Good Will Hunting's poster image BOTH ACTUALLY SHOW men sitting on benches

to be fair, neither of them has much hints of green -- GWH uses a yellow filter while FG has a blank background while the man wears a light-colored business suit.
  • edited 2016-09-28 03:01:03
    well GWH's poster doesn't technically show just a man sitting on a park bench, it shows two men sitting on some unrevealed object in what looks based on the background to be a park.

and FG's bench could be easily found in a non-park location, anywhere from a train station to a restaurant waiting area
  • GWH seems like a good movie

(unfortunately it seems like it contains no scenes from inside MIT, which i would have enjoyed heh)
  • edited 2016-09-28 03:09:03
    unfortunately it also seems to play somewhat into the "mentally troubled genius" stereotype, which i resent
  • edited 2016-09-28 03:11:59
    okay, the premise of the movie and the first 2/3 of that plot summary on wikipedia seemed good

then the rest seemed a bit...hollywoody

like something feels a little odd about "it turns out they're both child abuse victims!"
  • oh so Forrest Gump and Happy Gilmore are also both at least partially classed as comedies and both involve slow-witted characters, apparently
  • seems Forrest Gump is a story set within a specific time and place in american history and they got a lot of the details good enough that they don't seem too off to a not-really-too-knowledgeable person like me on a cursory look

(is this called a "period piece"?)

anyway i don't know why the wikipedia page says Forrest is a "slow-witted" individual, because the synopsis seems to have nothing to do with it
  • apparently "period piece" means "a work set in a particular past era", so it could be seen as one, though the time period in question (1944-1982) might still be rather recent past when the movie was released (1994)

that said it wasn't just one historical period, arguably, but two or three
  • this entire chain of posts brought to you by the fact that someone mentioned Tom Hanks, whom i associated with this group of movies and don't know much about otherwise (aside from the fact that he's a male movie actor)
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    THESE PEOPLE ARE SUSPICIOUSLY HAPPY, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT.
  • Crystal said:

THESE PEOPLE ARE SUSPICIOUSLY HAPPY, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT.

INORITE
  • edited 2016-09-29 00:30:16
    cosplay materials such as piano tuner's felt, a tuning fork, a piano tuner's briefcase, a frequency tone generation machine, a tuning wrench, piano wire, and extra bass strings
    46: Black as Time
    47: Black as Knives
  • Embodiment of Scarlet Macaw
    A heartbeat without harmony is rhythm without time.
    The heart seeketh equilibrium; With balance fill your world with calm.
  • edited 2016-10-01 20:01:12
    i get to mention them all the time yet i also get to make fun of them mercilessly

better than saying that they are too evil to be mentioned casually

don't give them that respect
  • edited 2016-10-01 20:03:42
    the ultimate insult to a person, especially a politician, is to grind their legacy into dust
  • edited 2016-10-01 20:21:15
    also Larry Craig is not gay
  • a group of carrots is called The Business
  • 🐝in' the imi🐏
  • Is that from one of the sequel movies?
    Don't know.
  • Don't know.

Well it's certainly not the main series nor episode 0 "Shinonome".
    Mr. Hott Tayke, the court finds you guilty of conspiracy to steal the sun, and hereby sentences you to summery execution.
    People who think Cress should be called Cless.
  • People who think Cress should be called Cless.

as a swan, he wasn't sure what watercless was, so he ordered one sandwich with watercless and twelve without
  • after trying one, Louis decided that he didn't like watercless
  • (I wonder how many people here have read The Trumpet Of The Swan)
    The Melon Collie of Haruhi Suzumiya.
    Biker Mice From Mars was originally pitched as Biker Rice From Mars, but was changed after executives complained that it needed more flavour.
  • well i guess mice are made of meat which contains MSG while rice does not