The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• nah

nah

nah

nah

nah

nah

nah

nah

nah

nah

nah

• My dreams exceed my real life
    So Jack Chick doesn't know "Allah" means "The God" right?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Law and Order did an episode based on lonelygirl15 once

Carmen Electra made a series of "lonelygirl362436" vlogs spoofing the series in order to promote Epic Movie

both of these things were weird at the time, but they seem much weirder in 2015 when even the fandom is deader than Bree's dad
    OpAPHID said:

Law and Order did an episode based on lonelygirl15 once

Carmen Electra made a series of "lonelygirl362436" vlogs spoofing the series in order to promote Epic Movie

both of these things were weird at the time, but they seem much weirder in 2015 when even the fandom is deader than Bree's dad

I will believe Seltzer and Friedberg were nom de plumes of Carmen Electra until the day I die.
  • Torgo said:

"Allah" is obviously just a pagan deity taken from a Canaanite pantheon and turned into the head of a radical new monotheistic religion.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Sin *was* the name of an ancient Akkadian moon god, but there is no etymological relation to the English word "sin"
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    "Jecht is the Moon."
    I was going to say that the Latin word for God "Deus" is etymologically related to both the Greek "Zeus" and the Hindu "Deva", but then I rembered Jack's feelings about Catholicism and assumed he'd just say it was an evil Catholic scheme.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *directs traffic*
  • Torgo said:

"Allah" is obviously just a pagan deity taken from a Canaanite pantheon and turned into the head of a radical new monotheistic religion.
    Heh.
  • edited 2015-10-22 01:52:22
    Madoka Magica is too wordy.  At times it feels a little like a setting design document hastily translated into a work.  There isn't enough showing and too much telling.

The shocking event in the early episodes (the one that leads to the change in ED) doesn't have any time for the audience to get comfortable with the way the setting worked before being jolted out of that comfort by the shocker.  (Not to mention that by this point anyone with contact with the anime fandom has had it spoiled to hell and back -- which is unfortunate.)  As such, it depends on the audience having preconceived notions of "this is how the story 'should' work", so it basically depends on the audience stereotyping the setting as being optimistic magical girl stuff -- and also not being too genre savvy about it either.  Rather than actually giving the audience a period of time during which to get used to the setting and understand it organically from their fresh observations (instead of relying on tropes).
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    1. The Mami thing shocked me.

2. How is something becoming a memetic spoiler the fault of the work itself?
  • 2. You're right; I'm editing that to become a parenthetical comment.
  • the argument over abortion has to do with pro-lifers assuming that life begins at conception and thus abortion is ending a life

so if they just define life as beginning at birth, that solves the problem
  • the degree of being that guy is contrasted with the degree of being this guy, which is directly proportional to being the sky, which is closely related to being Disgaea
  • being Disgaea is only distantly related to being Giga Gaia
  • Guy Noir, Private Eye Nose Hand Ear Tongue
  • edited 2015-10-22 02:03:39
    Guy Fucks Day
  • Guy Choi, also known as Mr. Mustard Greens
  • Guy Fucks Day

a bad pun is possible here but the text is already dirty enough so i won't make it
  • mucking with feanings and lucking with fetters
  • noonerspism

a nooner who spizzes

is spizzing related to spazzing?
  • noonerspism

a nooner who spizzes

is spizzing related to spazzing?
    Look, it's not my fault that a variety of one-syllable words are offensive!  Blame the people who used them that way!
  • set offensiveness(fuck) = 0
    set offensiveness(shit) = 0
    set offensiveness(piss) = 0

set offensiveness(discombobulate) = 1
    set offensiveness(happenstance) = 1
    set offensiveness(libertarian) = 1
  • set offensiveness(libertarian) = 1

I C WAT I DID THAR LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL [cheap_comedy_jingle.wav]
  • yes i know it doesn't work like that in real life

that's why this is the landfill :D
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    FRAÎCHEUR AVANTAGEUSE
  • edited 2015-10-22 15:44:09
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    Someone in the comments for this one used this as an excuse to compare this strip to Kris complaining about PBF. The difference between this strip and a PBF strip is that the last panel isn't the group of children screaming and crying from their burn wounds.
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
  • both Rayne and Lilac are awesome
  • Lilac is an inspiring character
  • MOLECULES WERE CIS AND TRANS BEFORE HUMANS WERE

TAKE THAT
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The following streets will be closed Thursday, 26th November for the Queen City Novembing Day Parade:
    • E. Chamberlain Avenue
    • N. Carroll Avenue
    • N. Fourth Street
    • E. Coronation Street

The following streets will be closed Friday, 27th November:
    • GMH's driveway
    ...because we have to put all those road closure barricades from the previous day somewhere
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
  • edited 2015-10-23 13:57:46

the argument over abortion has to do with pro-lifers assuming that life begins at conception and thus abortion is ending a life

BUT WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT HAPPENING

is that the same interview where daniel craig was all like 'i fucking hate james bond and if i do another one it will only be for the money'? i like daniel craig. he is cool
  • edited 2015-10-23 20:48:00

Guy Choi, also known as Mr. Mustard Greens

Mistard Greens
  • The following streets will be closed Thursday, 26th November for the Queen City Novembing Day Parade:

• E. Chamberlain Avenue
    • N. Carroll Avenue
    • N. Fourth Street
    • E. Coronation Street

The following streets will be closed Friday, 27th November:
    • GMH's driveway
    ...because we have to put all those road closure barricades from the previous day somewhere
    LOL

well that's okay, i make my black friday purchases online anyway
  • the argument over abortion has to do with pro-lifers assuming that life begins at conception and thus abortion is ending a life

BUT WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT HAPPENING
    I'll bet on Catholics allowing women into the priesthood first.
    • All-Loving Hero: In his review of Terminator 2, believes that this is the reason why John Connor is one of the greatest movie characters of all time. Despite being raised to be a warrior, he repeatedly shows nothing but utter respect for the value of human life. Matthew points out that even as a kid, it's obvious why Connor is going to be the leader of humanity in the future, he's the only genuinely good person in the entire franchise!
    • All There in the Manual: He really didn't care for the number of things in Iron Man 2 that required knoweldge of the Marvel Universe to understand, especially Nick Fury suddenly coming in halfway through the film and the film acting like we're well aware of who he is, after just one brief sceneafter the credits in the first film. He ended up declaring that he refused to see The Avengers just out of spite over this (he later saw it anyway and didn't care for it).
    • Alternative Character Interpretation:
      • "Timon and Pumbaa are the greatest Disney villains ever."
      • Child Simba being an asshole and Adult Simba being a blank slate.
    Running Gag:
    • In his Star Wars prequels reviews —
      • "What the hell kind of Jedi are these? Guardians of truth and justice, my ass!"
      • Consistently referring to Padmé Amidala as "Queen Oobadooba", Count Dooku as "Count Dracula", and Darth Maul as "Darth Time-Filler".
      • Referring to Palpatine by a different P-word every time he's mentioned
      • Later in his Star Wars: The Clone Wars reviews, referring to Anakin as "Woodstump", Ahsoko Tano as "Sudoku Tampon", Asajj Ventress as "Ventriloquist", and so on.
    • In his Matrix sequel reviews:
      • Referring to Locke as "Commander Angryfuck".
      • "What's at stake here, the running time?", whenever the movie goes into an action sequence.
    • In his Independence Day review —
      • Referring to protagonist David Levinson as "David The Genius Cable Guy"
      • "This is 'MURIKA!" (followed by clips of the song America, Fuck Yeah!)
    • In his Transformers review —
    • All fight scenes are generally described thus: "So they fight. Fight fight. Fight fight fight. Fight fight fight fight fight..."
    • SimbaAnakin and Lyra are given this speech following their first scenes: "_____, our supposed hero and protagonist... IS AN ASSHOLE! I mean, he/she doesn't listen to anyone, he/she's not very nice, he/she treats everyone around him/her like shit, and he/she only cares about him/herself!" This was subverted, however, in his Simba's Pride review where he uses the same lead up to comment on how a character is notan asshole but instead quite nice.
    • Devil in Plain Sight: One of his biggest problems with The Lion King is how the characters trust Scar even though he's openly malevolent to nearly every character from his very first scene.
    • Distracted by the Sexy:
      • In The Matrix: Reloaded review part 3, Matthew gets distracted by Persephone's cleavage.
      • Admits that Scarlett Johansson managed to do this in Iron Man 2, though he apologized in a later review that could have chosen a better choice of words than what he used at the time. Then in a full review of the movie, he lost track of the review when looking at her.
    • Divergent Character EvolutionStand-In Stanimage. Stan seems to be taking almost the opposite approach from Matthew's with his own reviews: instead of criticizing movies of which public opinion is positive to neutral, he takes unpopular films and picks out the good parts. He also posts more general videos about religion and politics (especially where the two have been mixed). Though Matthew himself occasionally does this as his real venue is any film where he feels the love or the hate is largely unwarranted. See Pet the Dog.