You're given magical powers...

edited 2014-06-04 22:04:16 in General
...but the only thing you can do with them is turn water into ice.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    turn water into ice
  • I take over the ice manufacturing business because i have such incredibly low overheads.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Freeze humans who oppress the weak until they relent. Human bodies are mostly water, yes?
  • kill living beings
    corner the market in- dammit. okay first i freeze yon assassin's blood, THEN i take over ice manufacturing
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm beginning to regret bestowing these powers on you already
  • edited 2014-06-04 22:18:51
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    You know, if we keep going on like this, humanity might become extinct from freezing everyone's bodily fluids :P

Also, I'm sure someone would want to use their powers to refreeze any melted portions of the polar ice caps that come up. I would probably not, unless I could do it from a safely heated compartment, because I hate cold places.

Also also, I forgot Summer Squidward Week was a thing :P
  • kill living beings
    fiiiiine i won't commit murder. i'll just make shaved ice. for myself. you can't ahve any. central can but not the rest of you.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

I take over the ice manufacturing business because i have such incredibly low overheads.

That's actually an excellent idea.

Also, make pykrete and take over some small countries with my frozen aircraft carrier.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    dress up as Cirno
  • alternate route:

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Freeze the fluid in the eyeballs of farm bureaus.
  • How much/many uses do we get?
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

dress up as Cirno

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    yay
    i freeze the entire world plunging us into another ice age

millions of people die and thousands of species go extinct
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Tachyon said:

Nope. My heat powers prevent that happening. Thermodynamically, to cool water, the heat has to go somewhere. Cooling interstellar ice, warming the world to stop you, TCh.

Not today, Bobby.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my evil plan foiled :(
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

but why
    because i wanted to outdo the eyeball-freezing and the invading small countries

i'm sorry, i got greedy
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

You know, if we keep going on like this, humanity might become extinct from freezing everyone's bodily fluids :P

SEE

I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN

BUT NO ONE BELIEVED ME

NOW THIS IS WHAT YOU GET
    What ever you do, tread carefully

Remember: I didn't give you thawing powers!
    we can just do the thing Aliroz said

heat flow
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I start a mystery archaeology foundation and go into the field with my temperature reduction abilities.
    Stupid technicalities

This is why I should always consult an attorney before I decide to bestow supernatural abilities upon people

v_v
  • 1. how much or how many uses do we get?  is it rechargeable?

2. how fast can we freeze (or alternatively, extract negative heat) from something?

3. do we have to obey thermodynamics or can we create or remove energy at will?

4. alternatively, do we create cold matter at will?