I insist on buying name-brand clothing!

edited 2014-06-02 15:12:31 in General
lol deliberately misleading thread title

But real talk, I always laugh when I see cheap Wal-Mart or Meijer clothes at the thrift store

Like, if I wanted cheap shit, I'd just go to Wal-Mart; if I'm at Goodwill it's because I want decent clothes for less money

Especially because everything at the thrift store is the same price. It doesn't cost me any less to buy Wal-Mart clothes at Goodwill than it does to buy Tommy Hilfiger at Goodwill...
Tagged:

Comments

• around here Goodwill always prices Target brand clothes more highly than any actual name brands

im thinking this has to be part of some deal they have with Target, but it's still pretty funny.

that reminds me i was wanting to go to Goodwill today
  • edited 2014-06-02 15:45:03
    I've heard that, if you're actually willing to coupon-track and deal-hunt, you can get clothing from department stores like Macy's for cheaper than from discount or big-box stores like Target or Walmart.
  • I've heard that, if you're actually willing to coupon-track and deal-hunt, you can get clothing from department stores like Macy's for cheaper than from discount or big-box stores like Target or Walmart.

of course you can! you don't even have to do all that much bargain hunting tbh
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

around here Goodwill always prices Target brand clothes more highly than any actual name brands

im thinking this has to be part of some deal they have with Target, but it's still pretty funny.

that reminds me i was wanting to go to Goodwill today
    I doubt Target gets any of the profits from that stuff
  • i wasnt saying that they were
  • People don't donate to Goodwill, The Salvation Army, etc. out of the goodness of their hearts, they do it because they want to get rid of their old clothes.
  • Well, also because they want to feel that they're doing some good rather than throwing stuff in the trash.

And that makes it easier to part with stuff; I know I have a problem with throwing stuff in the trash that's still usable, even if I don't need it anymore.
  • And that makes it easier to part with stuff; I know I have a problem
    with throwing stuff in the trash that's still usable, even if I don't
    need it anymore.